• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whatcha think about this A-2?

kevlarg

jacketimp said:
kevlarg said:
It rocks

I also just noticed it doesn't have a label

indeed!

I posted that before the link was up. I was making a joke about someone giving Jaydee a hard time for selling jackets that had no label. And it turns out it had no label:)

Jaydee

Alright, ya caught me. I have been removing tags and selling off the jackets. You see, I'm actually a tag collector. I could give a crap about a bunch of old leather jackets. You can have 'em.
If we can look beyond tags and labels for a moment, I am interested in what you guys think about the jacket (I don't want to buy it, just saw it and thought it was interesting). Is it a repro made to look old? I agree about the Blood Chit being a new addition. No way it could look that good after 65 years, unless the jacket was just worn standing, or not worn at all. But the other patches look worn and weathered.

kevlarg

Well there are a lot of people here who know more than me on these jackets but none of the details I would use to date or identify something are shown in the picture. No zipper, pocket, or neck clasp stuff. The quality of the photos makes it difficult to guess the ages of the artwork also.

Given the vagueness of the listing I would say it probably isn't worth what they are asking otherwise wouldn't they really show off the good stuff?

Roughwear

kevlarg said:
Well there are a lot of people here who know more than me on these jackets but none of the details I would use to date or identify something are shown in the picture. No zipper, pocket, or neck clasp stuff. The quality of the photos makes it difficult to guess the ages of the artwork also.

Given the vagueness of the listing I would say it probably isn't worth what they are asking otherwise wouldn't they really show off the good stuff?

If it were an original, which I seriously doubt, it would have be snapped up at the BIN. I suspect its an Aero repro, with some rapidly aged patches on it. Without pics of the details one can't be 100% sure of course.

jacketimp

Roughwear said:
kevlarg said:

If it were an original, which I seriously doubt, it would have be snapped up at the BIN. I suspect its an Aero repro, with some rapidly aged patches on it. Without pics of the details one can't be 100% sure of course.

spot on........it would have sold the first time round !