• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What size is this ?

442RCT

A seller posted an ANJ-2 made by Cooper which is marked L on the label. He stated that it was more of a size 40-42. I requested the measurements and he replied:

Measures 20" at shoulders, 21" at armpits, 24" shoulder to end
of cuff. Navy G-1 and Air Force A-2 jackets are based on
designs developed just prior to the Second World War.

The measurements 'look' like they're for a sz 42. Any opinions out there, is this really a 40-42 ?

TankBuster

Those measurements don't seem to be right. 20" shoulder to shoulder would match up with a 42-46 sz jacket, but 21" pit to pit is more like a sz. 38
If the pit to pit is accurate, it would be a very small jacket.

Jaydee

I would say 42 by the current G-1 7823E Specs, although the arms are a few inches short (A measurement mistake?). It would be a size 40 for some WWII contracts. They varied a bit in size some being a bit bigger than the current jackets. My current E series 40 G-1 is 20" Chest 19" Shoulders 25" Arms and 25 1/4" Length
-JD

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
A Large Cooper should fit as a 40 - 42, many eBay sellers seem to have trouble with the chest measurement. I just questioned another seller about the 21" chest, on a size 42 Aero Longshoreman ...

Yes, they are the same ... :?

TankBuster

Deeb,
You're right. Many sellers just can't get the pit measurements. If its just thrown down and measred without going seam to seam, there can be some big differences.