• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What Should I Get For My Next Jacket?

CryptoDave

Although this is not strictly a Vintage/Military Jacket question, I thought I would ask this group given your expert opinions.

I recently sold my Aero Leather Hercules Heavy Front Horse Hide due to a lot of weight loss, and after posting the pics here (in another thread) it was unanimous that it was way too big. I loved the leather on that jacket, oh well.

Here is what I have so far:
Bill Kelso: A2 Dubow 1755 Dark Seal
Good Wear: A2 SAT Seal Brown (waiting about 9 months out)
ELC: B6 Rough Wear
Aces High: Irvin (thanks to this site!)
Cockpit: Roughneck Oil Driller in Goat

I'm not really interested in another A2, Motorcycle style or Cafe Racer.

Any suggestions? Should I replace the Aero Hercules, Get another Aero Leather Jacket (any style suggestions), or do nothing?

FWIW, I'm 5'7.5", Chest is 39", and weigh 140lbs (if this matters at all)

Thanks for your input,

Dave

SuinBruin

Try something in cloth or nylon, or a Navy jacket. B-10/15, L2, 37J1, tanker, etc., or an M-422/G-1.

Vcruiser

Why not send your various jacket pics to Amanda/Will...and see what they would suggest about sizing for you this time. Especially since you like Aero's FQHH so much. Check out all the civi styles on Aero's website...and if you think you prefer another Hercules..get another one that truely fits your build. ;)
Van

Jeff M

Vcruiser said:
Why not send your various jacket pics to Amanda/Will...and see what they would suggest about sizing for you this time. Especially since you like Aero's FQHH so much. Check out all the civi styles on Aero's website...and if you think you prefer another Hercules..get another one that truely fits your build. ;)
Van

Yep. Nothing wrong with having two of the same design...different color/leathers/extras.

Vcruiser

Jeff M said:
Vcruiser said:
Van

Yep. Nothing wrong with having two of the same design...different color/leathers/extras.

I think he just sold the first one,Jeff.

Jeff M

Vcruiser said:
Jeff M said:
Vcruiser said:
Van

I think he just sold the first one,Jeff.

Time for another one....fitted to the new size!

Jaguar46

How about an A1?

0247.jpg

posting.php?mode=quote&f=8&p=122639

johnwayne

Both the A1 and G1 are nice alternatives but very different in terms of when you might wear them! Also in terms of fit - the A1 is more casual as it fits more closely and has been said many times, like a second skin. Not jacket for wearing much more than a shirt underneath but very comfortable if you get the right fit/size. A G1 too I find a very comfy fit and should be relatively close fitting too and better for colder temperatures but again dependent on fit, you can get away with a thinner sweater/sweatshirt. If you can wear a bulky jumper/sweater underneath most 'jackets' then I reckon your jacket is too big and if you wish to do that its coat you need!
I suppose ultimately its what you want from your next purchase but thats my 2p's worth!!
cheers
Wayne

flyboy

Feel free to buy any of my 3 A2's and my Aero Irvin too. I am trying hard to scale down.
With a new Aces High Pre-War Irvin about to land plus four A2's in the closet, I have way too many, for one man to wear. ;)

bretron

Filson Mackinaw in moss green or buffalo plaid, a 30s-40s half-belt, L-2, B-15B mod, Buco J22... Wait, is this list for you or me? :lol:

Be sure to share what you settle on ;)

CryptoDave

I decided to go with an Insurrection Customized Aero Leather 1930s Half Belt in Black.

I will post pics in the moto thread tomorrow.

Thanks to all for your great suggestions.

Dave

unclegrumpy

bretron said:
Filson Mackinaw in moss green or buffalo plaid, a 30s-40s half-belt, L-2, B-15B mod, Buco J22... Wait, is this list for you or me? :lol:
Are you saying that there are no green or red & black plaid Filsons in your closet?

oose

I have to say that out of all my jackets/coats each winter my 1930's Montgomery Ward Mackinaw gets the most wear, cant beat a good bit of blanket to keep you warm!

All the bet
stu