• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What jacket would you like in your collection, and why ?

Peter Graham

I'm sure this has been asked before but things are quiet around here so I thought I'd ask it again. What jacket would you like in your collection and why ? This is the vintage leather jacket forum so no Repros or nothing like "I'd love an A-2 named to the 379th bomb group". Just jacket types or specific contracts of jackets. My choice is a type B-6 and preferably a redskin. The reason is that I reckon they are the sharpest sheepskin jacket around with many unique features like the epaulettes and side zippers. A number of years ago I owned a perfect redskin B-6. Fantastic condition, triple marked Talons all round, totally wearable, but the darn thing was a size too small, and these are trim fitting jackets so there's no way I could wear it so I had to let it go. I know I'll never find another one but that's what I'd love to own. Here's a photo of the B-6. It looks like it fits OK but it was just too tight. :( .

jackets007-2.jpg

Jason

Since I'm a Perry addict: a goatskin Perry with Crown zipper. Like many, I love the over-the-top engineering and art-deco blend in the Crown zips. Making it a shade somewhere between russet and caramel would be the ultimate.
I'd also like to try on a M445a, best make it a repro since the originals are known to be fragile. Like the Irvins, I love the slightly understated but still very practical styling of the M445a.

Having said all that, I'm quite happy with the current collection here, and not actively looking for anything... though if something comes along at an irresistable price...

mindful

the list is about as long as my arm but well two i really like is GW 21996 dark seal with red kn ;) its and an-6552 bogen tenenbaum
why because i like the horrwen leather and i like the reddish aniline colour that come though the dark seal and the berry knits compliment the dark seal in the leather, and with the bogen ive never seen many of these contracts and i love g1 style jackets they look so cool in the winter

A

Anonymous

my never to come true dream is...

originals

1 RW 23380 mint original
1 G&F M-422A mint original
1 N-1 mint original
1 MacKinaw mint original
1 M-38 mint original
1 WWII Tanker jacket mint original
1 M-65 (silver zipper) mint original
1 M-69 coat by G&F mint original
1 Kriegsmarine mint original

since the above does not seem possible
then the following repros (not necessarily in that order)

1 Real McCoy japan A-2 (don't know which)
1 GW RW 27752 in seal color
1 Bill Kelso A-2 (from the new leathers)
1 Bill Kelso Raiders
1 Bill Kelso G&F M422
1 N-1 from Buzz Rickson or RMJP

reason, because the all look great and classic
and I 'm the classic type of guy

oose

Minty B-15D patched to any bomb Group
Minty L-2a
N-2
the list goes on..., saying that I must check my lottery ticket, triple rollover...

stu

GoodTimesGone

For awhile now my dream jacket has been a seal D-1. I would not mind a B-6 as an alternate, but I prefer the slightly simpler design of the D-1. I have a B-3 but it's a bit bulky and I like the smaller shearling collar of the D-1 or B-6. I would wear my B-3 more often on the coldest days but I really don't like the huge collar.

dujardin

one B6
one D1
one original tanker jacket
aso aso aso....

simply to complete the collection

but simply because i'm mad about war paints; one original A2, identified, named, anddddddddddddddd.....originaly the back painted

flyboy

If he ever had one (which I doubt) I wouldn't mind having Albert Gerald Lewis' Irvin in my collection.
But I have never seen photos of him wearing one.
My guess is, it was lost during the Battle of France - somewhere along the way.

But one can still dream - right? ;)

Roughwear

An all original Werber 42-1402-P in a size 44 because I have never owned an original Werber. Most of the ones that come up for sale are two small or have issues.

CBI

Once I get this jacket I am kind of "done" seeing as how this is the one I really want:

A well worn but wearable original seal brown Aero 21996 contract A-2....................oh, I just bought one a few weeks ago, I need to post pics.................

I would love to buy an original Irvin however my slightly shortish arms would be swallowed up in those long Irvin sleeves AND I would wear the jacket about 2 days a year in my warm neck of the woods. I have almost pulled the trigger many times in the last year on an Irvin but can't seem to justify something that I will almost never wear. Also, with the sleeve issue, I may need to go with e custom repro but there's over $1,000 for something to sit in the closet.

To be honest, there is really nothing else on my list, its sort of if I see something I really like, I might want it

MikeyB-17

As the price of most WWII original jackets is soaring out of my grasp, I think the chances of me owning one are getting less and less. I've come to the conclusion that A-2's look crap on me, so if anything it would be a Wartime Navy jacket. My biggest wish at the mo is for another repro B-3, I miss my old Aero badly, and it's going to get worse as it gets colder. In originals, my main priority is currently a bi-swing CWU-36/P, I love my 45/P's and would really like the lighter weight version. I also quite fancy a deck jacket of some sort, and an original M-65. My current fave at the mo, though, is a well-worn, nothing special, 90's motorbike label Schott Perfecto 125.

Otter

An ANJ-4 would be nice, I just cannot justify it as I have an Eastman b-3 and and Aero Irvin!