• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do you prefer B-10 or B-15 ?

Curahee

What do you guys like more the B-10 my fav or the B-15 wich is much more common but is to
my liking to modern looking and has a oversized collar

dujardin

hello,

personnaly i enjoy both jacket but with a little preferance for the B15; simply because she's a little bit more elaborated. (pen holder - pieces of leather - pockets a.s.o....)
rem : other jacket also enjoying is the tanker jacket just because ''non regular'' to USAAF.

byeeeeeee marcel

MikeyB-17

If we're talking about the cloth WWII B-15, then I prefer the B-10-I don't like the way the collar looks on the early B-15's. I like the simplicity and functionality of the B-10. B-15's have never been my favourite of jackets, even though I've owned a couple of repros-again the collar doesn't do it for me. I did have a Buzz Rickson B-15B which was very nice though.

TankBuster

For me it's the B-10 hands down!! The offset zip of the B-15 just doesn't look right, along with the oversized collar. The B-10 is a super comfortable jacket to wear!

zoomer

Slant pockets = meh. Too many jackets today have 'em. Besides, stuff falls out easily. B-10 4 me.

Peter Graham

Both are great looking jackets but I also prefer the B-10, only because of the oversized collar on the B-15. If they had a smaller collar I would go for the B-15. A rare jacket I would really like to get hold of is a B-15 modified.

Tim P

I wouldnt give a cotton B15 closet space. The b10 is a superb jacket and I do like C and D variants of the B15, I have 2 alpha and one buzz.
my roughwear eastman B10 hardly gets worn but I adore it.

Jason

I would raise my hand for a cloth B-15, but for one thing: the offset zip. If the zip were centred, I'd be all over one.
Likewise the B-10 in my opinion is nice, but I just don't think epaulettes look quite right on a cloth jacket.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Here's my vote ....

BRB-10ar.jpg

I like both, but there are negatives for both. For the B-10 its the epaulets. For the B-15 the offset zipper and the very large collar. Wasn't there one B-10 contract that didn't have epaulets? That would be perfect.

deeb7 said:
rick.canavar said:
David, that's a very nice looking jacket. Is it a RMJ?

Thanks Rick ... no, it's Buzz Rickson's Rough Wear.

Yeah, duh.. I meant to type Buzz. History Preservation sells a Buzz B-10 that is priced pretty good. If I ever spring for a cloth jacket that would probably be the one I go for.

Tim P

I have had B10's since SM wholesale first cranked one out. I had a Buzz b10 back a ways that I loved but for one thing.. it was a stagg clothing version with off-white mouton and the lining was scratchy as hell and bound to your clothing. fit was excellent , detail was superior but it was as uncomfortable as all blazes. I wonder if the nap of the alpaca growing upward had anything to do with it
I love my ELC RW which, put against an original of the same contract, is a true ringer. it has none of the scratchiness associated with the buzz and in fact the lining matches my trousers perfectly.
The superior togs buzz looks fantastic with russet knit, I wonder how the lining is..

PADDY_M

My original B-15a with off white mouton collar. Lovely jacket, but soon to go to pastures new.

And my original B-10 (without epaulettes, as someone mentioned a liking for).

Oooops, sorry, just can't immediately find the pics, but will post when I do!

And another few pics I've found of an Aero B-10 I used to have:

Rufus

B10! I like the functionality of it, and it's trim cut. I had a B15 but it's a wider jacket, and was just too 'boxy'.

How needs handwarmer pockets when you've got good gloves?

:) ruf