• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do you guys think of this VF-6 M-422A?

A

Anonymous

Lignemaginot said:
Sorry, but I'm going to side with Bazelot on this one - the original ad said that it was all original (including the cuffs and waistband), and gave a 7 day return privilege. Given that the seller sells a lot of this stuff, he certainly knew what he was doing. I don't think that's unfair to assume that the seller figured that the buyer wouldn't bother incurring the substantial shipping both ways from/to Italy in order to return it after seeing it's true condition. By bazelot making a decision to "return" it (based on finding out that the description was inaccurate) before it was even sent, he simply avoided those costs.

You'll notice that the new ad avoids saying anything about the originality at all, and now states that it is sold as is.

In this instance, frankly, by saying that "This is why I do not like eBay, this kind of thing just sours me to no avail" you're basically saying that you see no problem in a seller providing false information and then gambling that someone won't bother returning an item when they find out that the description is inaccurate. If you think that's an OK method of selling something, then what right do you have to say, "Shame on you?"

Total bullshit. He didn't even have time to accept the jacket and inspect it. Can you tell if the patch is an original? Well, I can't not by looking at it from the picture, I'd have to have time to accept the jacket and inspect it and then and only then if it was not what was advertised then he could return it. He had buyer's remorse, go back and see him looking for acceptance once he found out he fucked up. Looking to find something for nothing and then cries when it's not what he thinks it is. What a baby. If I were you bazelot, stick to places you're more comfortable buying at like Wilson's Leather at your local strip mall. Gimmie a break, what a girl.

bazelot

FarmerJohn said:
Lignemaginot said:
Sorry, but I'm going to side with Bazelot on this one - the original ad said that it was all original (including the cuffs and waistband), and gave a 7 day return privilege. Given that the seller sells a lot of this stuff, he certainly knew what he was doing. I don't think that's unfair to assume that the seller figured that the buyer wouldn't bother incurring the substantial shipping both ways from/to Italy in order to return it after seeing it's true condition. By bazelot making a decision to "return" it (based on finding out that the description was inaccurate) before it was even sent, he simply avoided those costs.

You'll notice that the new ad avoids saying anything about the originality at all, and now states that it is sold as is.

In this instance, frankly, by saying that "This is why I do not like eBay, this kind of thing just sours me to no avail" you're basically saying that you see no problem in a seller providing false information and then gambling that someone won't bother returning an item when they find out that the description is inaccurate. If you think that's an OK method of selling something, then what right do you have to say, "Shame on you?"

Total bullshit. He didn't even have time to accept the jacket and inspect it. Can you tell if the patch is an original? Well, I can't not by looking at it from the picture, I'd have to have time to accept the jacket and inspect it and then and only then if it was not what was advertised then he could return it. He had buyer's remorse, go back and see him looking for acceptance once he found out he f*cked up. Looking to find something for nothing and then cries when it's not what he thinks it is. What a baby. If I were you bazelot, stick to places you're more comfortable buying at like Wilson's Leather at your local strip mall. Gimmie a break, what a girl.

What the #$@$ is wrong with you????? I wanted an original zipper on the jacket. It was advertised as ALL ORIGINAL (do you understand the meaning of ALL ORIGINAL????) and it turns out that it is not all original so I just get out of the sale. Simple as that. Who is crying??!! You are the one who jumps on you high horses and flips out. You have serious issues my friend.

A

Anonymous

bazelot said:
FarmerJohn said:
Lignemaginot said:

Total bullshit. He didn't even have time to accept the jacket and inspect it. Can you tell if the patch is an original? Well, I can't not by looking at it from the picture, I'd have to have time to accept the jacket and inspect it and then and only then if it was not what was advertised then he could return it. He had buyer's remorse, go back and see him looking for acceptance once he found out he f*cked up. Looking to find something for nothing and then cries when it's not what he thinks it is. What a baby. If I were you bazelot, stick to places you're more comfortable buying at like Wilson's Leather at your local strip mall. Gimmie a break, what a girl.

What the #$@$ is wrong with you????? I wanted an original zipper on the jacket. It was advertised as ALL ORIGINAL (do you understand the meaning of ALL ORIGINAL????) and it turns out that it is not all original so I just get out of the sale. Simple as that. Who is crying??!! You are the one who jumps on you high horses and flips out. You have serious issues my friend.

You are my issue, the zip looks fine to me from what I can see from the tiny picture. You should have asked to looks at additional pictures BEFORE you hastily pulled the BIN trigger! Did you reimburse the seller his fees? Did you offer to pay for his time. Too damn bad he doesn't give you a strike, because I would and too bad he can't leave negative feedback on you to warn other sellers. Get ALL the questions answered BEFORE you have your next impulse buy. The onus is on you to curb your enthusiasm.

bazelot

I told you before that he did not have any fees to pay. We mutually withdrew from the deal. He sent me pic of the zipper that was supposedly original. i am sick of explaining myself.

Lignemaginot

bazelot said:
I told you before that he did not have any fees to pay. We mutually withdrew from the deal. He sent me pic of the zipper that was supposedly original. i am sick of explaining myself.

Don't bother, "Farmer John" obviously has nothing better to do than hang out on his computer, find chat rooms, and throw shit at people. Hopefully he'll get bored and move on. Either that or someone can throw the switch on him.

Peter Graham

Wow, he didn't last long. No messing about here ! Seriously, the mods were right to pull the plug on him. You can't just join a forum and start hurling abuse at people. You have to wait a while :) Now, back to the topic, shame on you Tom :D

bazelot

Peter Graham said:
Wow, he didn't last long. No messing about here ! Seriously, the mods were right to pull the plug on him. You can't just join a forum and start hurling abuse at people. You have to wait a while :) Now, back to the topic, shame on you Tom :D

Can we pull the plug on Peter also?
:) :)

A

Anonymous

True slease bay artist. Shows up here from time to time till he is found out.

TMB

I suspect you had a lucky escape in pulling out on the deal as its very unlikely the patches (name or sqn) are original. Admittedly the pic is not too clear but it is clear enough to say that if you look at the jacket its has a lot of wear and yet the sqn patch plus name patch look very (too) clean. Also from the many original 422a jackets I've had, invariably the gold lettering has subdued over the years to being virtually illegible. Another factor is that the leather on the WW2 name patches is usually a darker brown. My vote is that both are fake to hype the price.