• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do you guys think of this VF-6 M-422A?

bazelot

Legit or not?
I just hit the bin on that one. Hope I was not too hasty :)

05e8_1.jpg

10d1_1.jpg

2c60_1.jpg

38fb_1.jpg

bazelot

Peter Graham said:
Tom, your wife is gonna kick your ass. Cool jacket though.

She doesn't know about it yet :)
I am trying to get better pics from the seller. The jacket itself is legit but I am a bit worried about the patch.

bazelot

jacketimp said:
FarmerJohn said:

you got a point there,,,,,,wonder how you'd feel if you were the seller.........

First time I do that on Ebay. Seller was not very trustworthy as he insisted that the cuffs and the zipper were original. The zipper is a 50s replacement and the cuffs were a good 2 inches too long. He actually rolled them up in his new ad without mentioning anything. He stated in his ad that everything was 100% original and that really did not bode well for the authenticity of the patch so I passed. This guy obviously knows what he is dealing with as he selling 2 other navy jackets and told me that he owns several other M-422A jackets.
He is also selling a Cagleco G-1 as a genuine WWII jacket. I mentioned that to him but he still did not modify his ad. That, again, made me think twice about the authenticity of the patch.
Now you got all the facts.

A

Anonymous

bazelot said:
jacketimp said:
FarmerJohn said:

you got a point there,,,,,,wonder how you'd feel if you were the seller.........

First time I do that on Ebay. Seller was not very trustworthy as he insisted that the cuffs and the zipper were original. The zipper is a 50s replacement and the cuffs were a good 2 inches too long. He actually rolled them up in his new ad without mentioning anything. He stated in his ad that everything was 100% original and that really did not bode well for the authenticity of the patch so I passed. This guy obviously knows what he is dealing with as he selling 2 other navy jackets and told me that he owns several other M-422A jackets.
He is also selling a Cagleco G-1 as a genuine WWII jacket. I mentioned that to him but he still did not modify his ad. That, again, made me think twice about the authenticity of the patch.
Now you got all the facts.

Well then you should have asked ALL questions before you bid. It looks like you thought you were getting a real good deal and you pulled the trigger and THEN you thought about it. Not a good answer.

bazelot

Peter Graham said:
Look on the bright side. You're off the hook with the wife. :)
You sure got that right. Anyway I am still looking for a bigger place to fit my dwindling collection. Ahhh...................space.................. Must be nice to have!!! :)

A

Anonymous

bazelot said:
Legit or not?

You should have asked this question before you pulled the trigger. Please, you thought you were getting something VERY cheap and then you found out it might not be what you thought and then you backed out. This is why I do not like eBay, this kind of thing just sours me to no avail. I stick by my previus comment, shame on you.

bazelot

FarmerJohn said:
Well then you should have asked ALL questions before you bid. It looks like you thought you were getting a real good deal and you pulled the trigger and THEN you thought about it. Not a good answer.
Farmer boy, are you from Italy by any change????? I saw a good deal with shitty pictures and a BIN. I binned it thinking I was getting sth 100% ORIGINAL as stated in the ad. I was looking for a 100% unmolested jacket. This one had obviously been tickered with, I realized that when he actually sent me pictures that I had requested BEFORE I binned it. Even with those flaws I was going to pay as it was still a pretty good deal. However the guy kept bugging me to pay for the item one day after I binned it. I then decided he was a jerk and made the conscious decision to tell him that I would withdraw from the sale. We mutually agreed to withdraw. No harm done, he got his fees back from Ebay.

bazelot

FarmerJohn said:
bazelot said:
Legit or not?

You should have asked this question before you pulled the trigger. Please, you thought you were getting something VERY cheap and then you found out it might not be what you thought and then you backed out. This is why I do not like eBay, this kind of thing just sours me to no avail. I stick by my previus comment, shame on you.

Farmer boy, if have a problem with with me please use PM instead of blasting the whole forum. I withdrew from a sale. So what?? Big deal!!! The seller was less than genuine and did not loose anything in deal. We mutually withdrew from the sale.

A

Anonymous

bazelot said:
FarmerJohn said:
bazelot said:
Legit or not?

Farmer boy, if have a problem with with me please use PM instead of blasting the whole forum. I withdrew from a sale. So what?? Big deal!!! The seller was less than genuine and did not loose anything in deal. We mutually withdrew from the sale.

My problem is that you weaselled out of the sale, that's all. No I'm not from Italy. You should be more careful when you buy on eBay and if you can't then don't buy it's as simple as that.

Lignemaginot

Sorry, but I'm going to side with Bazelot on this one - the original ad said that it was all original (including the cuffs and waistband), and gave a 7 day return privilege. Given that the seller sells a lot of this stuff, he certainly knew what he was doing. I don't think that's unfair to assume that the seller figured that the buyer wouldn't bother incurring the substantial shipping both ways from/to Italy in order to return it after seeing it's true condition. By bazelot making a decision to "return" it (based on finding out that the description was inaccurate) before it was even sent, he simply avoided those costs.

You'll notice that the new ad avoids saying anything about the originality at all, and now states that it is sold as is.

In this instance, frankly, by saying that "This is why I do not like eBay, this kind of thing just sours me to no avail" you're basically saying that you see no problem in a seller providing false information and then gambling that someone won't bother returning an item when they find out that the description is inaccurate. If you think that's an OK method of selling something, then what right do you have to say, "Shame on you?"

Members online

No members online now.