• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are you wearing around your neck?

Boyscout

I don’t know what kind of winter you have, it’s not uncommon for us to have -32C, I have to warm up, I wear a Rothco balaclava or shemag or snood

Last edited:

MikeyB-17

It’s still hovering around ten degrees here, a bit cooler at night. I have a selection of Shemaghs, a couple of wool scarves including an Aero tartan job (free with a jacket many years ago), but at the moment I keep one of several motorcycle neck dams in my pocket, very good for keeping out the draughts and can double as a mask if required.

bn1966

I wear all of the above mentioned neckwear with the exception of a balaclava. Quite a lot of neckwear in my wardrobe including a vintage white parachute silk scarf & a camo one from ‘Band of Brothers’.

Smithy

Usually a scarf, a football one or a tartan one or a very warm WWI RFC one. I wear a shemagh when I go into the woods or mountains over the "warmer" months here as it's a useful bit of kit aside from a scarf. I work in the security industry and over winter I wear one of these which are excellent, and can be worn as a full balaclava, or with the face open or as a scarf...

71uywMf260L._AC_UX385_.jpg

Otter

29 degrees here on holiday with about 80% humidity. It's been my Pacific Crest Trail buff or the yellow Lunar Surface Nat geo buff.

Sideslip

Usually a scarf, a football one or a tartan one or a very warm WWI RFC one. I wear a shemagh when I go into the woods or mountains over the "warmer" months here as it's a useful bit of kit aside from a scarf. I work in the security industry and over winter I wear one of these which are excellent, and can be worn as a full balaclava, or with the face open or as a scarf...
Is it windproof-ish?

Dubpynchon

I bought a USN repro scarf from Pike Bros. It’s a nice scarf, good quality like everything I’ve bought from Pike Bros. I only wear it with jackets that don’t zip up all the way, like a peacoat or a lancer type biker jacket, they seem to suit them. I wouldn’t wear a neckerchief or cravat, they have a very English aristocracy vibe ;)

JonnyCrow

I bought a USN repro scarf from Pike Bros. It’s a nice scarf, good quality like everything I’ve bought from Pike Bros. I only wear it with jackets that don’t zip up all the way, like a peacoat or a lancer type biker jacket, they seem to suit them. I wouldn’t wear a neckerchief or cravat, they have a very English aristocracy vibe ;)
Dub, avoiding that ' chap ' connotation with a cravat? haha me personally I feel if it's not done right anyway, it just looks like your sitting down to dinner haha ;)