• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What A-2 Contract would be good for me?

raymos

Hi Everyone,

As many of you know I'm a big sheepskin jacket fan but have more limited knowledge about A-2's. I wanted suggestions from you guys as to which contract would be best for me.

Here are my measurements:

5'9" tall
200 lbs now (I'm losing weight to 180)
Chest 45"
Pitt to pit 22"
Edge of shoulder to cuff end 23.5"
Neck to cuff 30"
Around my shoulders at pits 52"
Bottom of collar to bottom of jacket 23.5"

Please let me know what size A-2 and what contract you think would work for me. It will be a starting place.

I really appreciate it.

PaulGT3

WOW your measurements are almost exactly like mine. In my sheepskin jacket, I have a 44, Eastman B3
In my AWU 45 P its a 42-44 and its small on me. I just went through this with a member here, I have TWO
A2's coming tomorrow, I will report to you tomorrow on how they fit. One is a A2 44 Horsehide US authentic
the other is a Good Wear Star Sportswear 46. I will let you know when they get here. I am all excited, but I will
report the fit.

Whats your budget?

raymos

Whatever my wife says I can spend....Just kidding. I really don't have one. I'm pretty open to different price points. Thanks for the response. I hope your new jackets are awesome.....

PaulGT3

well according to everyone the US authentic is not going to fit well. So I dont have high hopes.
But based on your measurements I can tell you that you need to go through Good wear and read the
fitments and see what matches your build. Be HONEST with YOU. IF you dont have an especially trim fit
around the waist then dont buy a contract that has a trim fit around the waist. THe one I am getting is
more open around the shoulders (Star Sportswear) but is trimmer around the waist.

Here is what I have learned in the last couple months, Good Wear is where you want to go to get your A2.
I was going to get the US Authentic but then I found an Eastman, but ultimately I wanted to end up with a
Good wear. If you START with Good Wear then you wont have to sell your compromise jacket on ebay then
saving some more to EVENTUALLY end up with a Good Wear. So save your self some steps and pony up the
$1200 and buy the Good Wear. I dont think you can go wrong.

raymos

After talking to the man himself...I think the United Sheeplined No 1 is going to be my choice in a semi aniline horse hide.....Wow....gorgeous.....

PaulGT3

Ray, I was thinking my goodwear was going to be gorgeous but I was wrong, it was STUNNING!
I think you will be overwhelmed with your Good wear! I think Gorgeous was too understated to describe
the Goodwear I got. The tones John made were just stunning.

On the flipside US Authentics sent me the wrong jacket so I didnt get an A2, I got some kind of basterdized
motorcycle jacket that was a prototype goatskin and just not very attractive.

How long do you have to wait?

Dr H

Don't worry Matt, you sign up, pay a deposit and join the queue, but you'd be contacted nearer the time by Vickie to ensure that measurements you have on file haven't changed dramatically.

Marv

Skip said:
Marv said:
PaulGT3 said:
How long do you have to wait?

The current Goodwear wait time is 12 to 15 months due to back log of orders :(

:shock: One's measurements could change in that amount of time. ;)

This is true, as mine have since I placed my order back in March 2012 but John will be asking be a new set of measurements before my jacket goes into production which I have been informed will now be around May / June 2013......so it's been a long wait so far.