• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Werber 36-1112 P

Weasel_Loader

Not sure if this has been posted before. Found this in my new book (American Flight Jackets by Maguire & Conway). Still have yet to find any war period photos of these pre-war contracts in use. It's obvious that this one was in use during the war though.

Werber36-1112P.jpg

zoomer

Sharp - especially the way the collar lies - a crisply military look.
The rest looks a lot like the 1933 Werber to me.

Any other mention of prewar gear in the book?

Falcon_52

Weasel - does it look to you like the knits are the "caramel" color like on the '33 Werber? On my screen, they look like it but soiled to a degree.

Thanks for posting the photos.

Noel

Weasel_Loader

No other pre-war A-2s in the book. Some good A-1 photos, but pretty sure they've all been posted here.

The knits look exactly the same as the '33 Werber that ELC sells. Hard to tell what the differences are between this '36 and the '33.

The rivets on this '36 Werber look the same used on ELCs '33. Interesting to note the different rivets used on these pre-war jackets. Rivets used by ELC closely match this '36 Werber and the Randolph photos. GWs rivets match many period photos of '33 Werbers from Muroc photos.

herk115

Weasel,

Do you know what squadron patch that was on the left breast? It was reproduced and sold at Military Clothing at McClellan AFB back in the 90s. I'd bought a few but lost them. Damn.