• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Water on an A2. Any help?

rob20uk

Have you any thoughts on how to fix water stains on an A2?

This is an Eastman jacket by the way. I have a hunch you are just going to say use it and it will eventually fade out.

12637C44-24A0-440D-B88D-2A1A6796CFBC.jpeg

Chandler

Typical for so called vegy tanning...
No, I bet it has more to do with aniline dying. I've worn my veg-tanned ELC 1401 in driving rain with no adverse effect, but it's spray-dyed and practically bullet proof.

Dany McDonald

Try rubbing humid cotton swabs over the area and see if you can blend the stain back into the leather. Rubbing a dab of Vaseline could also do the trick if the stain is not too tenacious.

D

Smithy

Typical for so called vegy tanning and a glas of white wine or beer dropping on it…Water/bio soap will clean it….. plus a bit of leather balm.

Brice has it in a nutshell as usual. He's also owned more of these jackets than most people have had hot dinners.

Wise advice from one of the real Jedi Masters of jackets on here so worthwhile taking note of.