• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wartime thread

Andrew

Anyone have some WWII era thread they can part with? I wanna doctor up a jacket to sell off at an inflated price.

Just so there's no misunderstanding that /\ was a joke. After a lot of thought I've decided I probably will add a period 5th AF patch to the shoulder of my 380thBG King of the Heavies Perry if I can manage to hit the original holes. I'd rather it was done with old thread.

Peter Graham

About time you did that. I reckon your best bet is to trawl ebay for a WW2 US Army sewing kit. You can pick them up quite cheaply with about five colours of regulation thread, a nice pouch, sissors and other stuff. Have fun !

Andrew

Peter Graham said:
About time you did that. I reckon your best bet is to trawl ebay for a WW2 US Army sewing kit. You can pick them up quite cheaply with about five colours of regulation thread, a nice pouch, sissors and other stuff. Have fun !
Good tip Pete, i'll try that.