• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Warning madman on the lose !

rich

PLATON said:
OK we should be concerned but
If honest people are fools
they should pay the price for being fools
and then learn the lesson

We can warn people in here, but we can't fight their battles.
We simply can't correct all wrongs.

If you are certain he's a crook report him on ebay.

One time I bought a watch on ebay that was advertised as new but when received it, it was used, it lacked original packaging etc. I complained to the Indian (based in LA) seller (who had sold thousands and thousands of watches) but he refused to refund me. Finally I sent him the watch back with courier (from a company account so was able to make it "receiver to pay cost of shipping" and he had to pay $100 to get the watch. Simultaneously I asked my credit card to cancel what they charged me for the watch and reported the guy to ebay, FBI, and all online deceipt reporting sites.

As far as I know, nothing happened to him and he's still there selling bad watches to people.

There's not much we can do about these things...

Yes, but if you had been warned in advance about this dodgy watch seller, you could have made an informed choice and not conducted business with him. To say 'honest people are fools' and deserve to be exploited is pretty unprincipled - but maybe I've misunderstood you. There is surely always room for integrity and learning is not necessarily best done by negative reinforcement.

Lignemaginot

Can't stand sellers like this.

If they've got nothing to be afraid of, then they've got nothing to be afraid of... threatening people with legal action for having debated the items they sell is pathetic and says a lot about what they're selling.

When I do sell items, they rarely, if ever, go to a novice collector; they go to someone who knows what they're looking at (without having to ask opinions of anyone who'll chime in), and those people would never be swayed by the musings of another buyer/collector.

This chump obviously relies on the uninformed to buy his stuff (anyone who knows what he's doing wouldn't touch it), and is mightily concerned about people who might dissuade those novices from buying it.

Bottom line, there's as much truth in his threats as there is in his items - zero. Even if he did decide to pursue an international legal action (highly unlikely he'd even find someone to take the case, although many lawyers will do anything if you pay them), he has no chance of winning.

So continue to point out his garbage, I say - that's the beauty of the internet. People who drop huge sums of cash without having done research get what they deserve.

A

Anonymous

hey rich
I don't say that honest people are fools
but as Lignemaginot said

"People who drop huge sums of cash without having done research get what they deserve."

Lignemaginot

PLATON said:
hey rich
I don't say that honest people are fools
but as Lignemaginot said

"People who drop huge sums of cash without having done research get what they deserve."

I did say that, but I'm also saying that honest people should not be shut-up by threats. It should all be discussed ad-nauseum so that at least there is info to research before dropping the cash.