• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wanted Nice WW2 era US Pilots Watch - REPRO

unclegrumpy

Andrew, I just noticed that you had the price, but you were quicker at the keys than I was at the editing.....splash one Yank! :lol:

CBI

Andrew - Yes, that's it. I just emailed Paul. Thanks so much. If he still sells them and the prices are still good, I might has well purchase one of each!

Thanks so much.

unclegrumpy

Andrew said:
I have to admit though i'm pretty tempted by that Bulova- it does look good for the money.

Same here. However, I did just notice something. This new Bulova may look very close to a WW II one, but it looks like the fashion designer Nazi's decided it would be "better" if it were bigger. The case on the new one is 40mm. I think the originals are in the lower thirties (30mm to 32mm), depending on the year and model.

That said, I am not sure I want to buy a watch with hand warmer pockets. :lol:

Dr H

Andrew said:
This is it beside a 6b I bought from him about 5 years ago- I think he's improved them since then. I'm putting this one on a proper fixed bar aviators band shortly which will improve its look but I did rough it up with a little wet and dry (HWT for watches :D ).

DSC_0653.jpg

DSC_0654.jpg

Thanks Andrew - the 6B is the one for me...

I'll drop him a line as well.

Cheers

Ian

flyboy

Sorry - not to hijack the thread, but since we are talking watches here:
Anybody know of nice RAF WWII replica watches?

Dr H

Hi Soren

That's what you see above (right hand side) - white dial with 'AM' (Air Ministry) - the 6b to which I was referring as my preferred choice.

Cheers

Ian

flyboy

Thanks Ian - I know'em and I am not that impressed. Bought one a year ago or so - it stopped working after two months. :cry:

Andrew

I've been lucky with mine Soren. Initially I didn't like it as compared to my original 6B it felt flimsy so it sat in my "to sell" box for several years. Only this year I took it out again and started wearing it and its been fine. I did find that the first of my two A-11's stopped a month after getting it but it only needed a new battery and it's now fine. I've not seen any other 6B replicas.

CBI

Received an email back from Bellamy. He is still making them. Having second thoughts as so many folks seem to have had trouble with them. The old forum link to the RAF re enactors forum had lots of folks with watch trouble. May go with a more reliable option.

flyboy

Andrew said:
I've been lucky with mine Soren. Initially I didn't like it as compared to my original 6B it felt flimsy so it sat in my "to sell" box for several years. Only this year I took it out again and started wearing it and its been fine. I did find that the first of my two A-11's stopped a month after getting it but it only needed a new battery and it's now fine. I've not seen any other 6B replicas.

That's exactly how I felt, when I received the watch. It was flimsy! And with an almost non existing tiny crown. Almost like a gents (cheap) dress watch. And not like a navigation tool. To me it looks like its an existing case with a printed dial - and thats it.
I left it in the drawer along with other misfortunes from the internet. And there it stayed until this post.
Oh well - you can't win them all - but I will be happy to help others not to make the same mistake.

Lebensgefahr

Nice watch David,it has the same markings on the back as mine.As a point of interest,i have never seen a Weems watch that was dated anything but 1940.
Here`s a picture of mine;

DSC010771.jpg

With regard to repro`s,i have a very nice Longines Weems repro.These do come up for sale from time to time.
LS
:mrgreen:

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Lebensgefahr said:
Nice watch David ...

Thanks LS, nice watch too, and a great box ... :)

Yes, I've had one of the Longines reissues. I'll need to do a little research, now I have this one back, and running, but yes, seems like they were just the one order.