• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wanna buy a 'crashed B-17'???

Silver Surfer

another more money than brains purchase for the guy who has "everything". attention, oligarchs . .....please note: rubles not accepted.

MauldinFan

another more money than brains purchase for the guy who has "everything".
A studio or museum might find an excellent use for this. Imagine having room in an insure attraction and you come around a corner and there it sits in a 1:1 diorama with crewmen either at their home base or in Occupied territory. It's be great for that.
Or, stored for a movie studio as eventually, someone else would have use for this in another WW2 movie.

MauldinFan

there just aint a whole lot there, and god knows what the actual condition of what's there, is.
If you read the description, you get what might be a complete B-17 looking airframe except for the cockpit area. They oddly only show you scene photos from the static prop and photos of a few small pieces.

Silver Surfer

uh huh. not exactly like seeing it up front and close, is it? kinda reminds me about buying a wooden boat. if ya have, than ya know where im coming from. if ya haven't.......ask around.

MikeyB-17

Apart from the odd bits of original B-17, sounds like a right pig in a poke. A lot of it probably unusable, and an arm and a leg to deliver it. Don't think I'll bother.

MauldinFan

I'm not defending the guy one bit. I don't know him or this item any more than the rest of you do.
As a kid, I'd always dreamed of having a 'crashed airplane' to play in, in my back yard. That comes from the opening of "Twelve O'clock High" where they're crawling around the drone controller that was belly landed for real for the movie.
Someone once offered me an unflyable complete Twin Beech (which had engines with cracked cores) for a very affordable price and we have about an acre and a half that is shaped like a very oversized football field. Half-heartedly, I did run that past my wife. You can all imagine how that conversation went.
Anyway, I agree with you all that this is an odd item, but I thought it was so unusual it demanded mention here.
I've looked into the movie they made this for, apparently the WW2 scenes are just at the start and the bulk of the film takes place in South America where the heroes are hunting for Nazis post-war. Hopefully it'll be good, as Netflix moves can be a coin-flip on if they're good or... not.