• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Waded" jeans ??

A

Anonymous

Hi Guys,
ANOTHER question :?

I've got 'several' pairs of LVC Levi's. I don't claim to be any sort of expert : I just buy jeans I like. One pair of 1955's I bought 'dry' the latest pair 'waded'. Waded seems to imply having been made 'Time Worn'. Is that right and how is it done ? Does it reduce the life of the jeans in any way ? Does it mean pre-shrunk ?

I've not read this in relation to me 1927's or either pair of 1901's. Not that I recall anyways.

Any jean-head out there want to do a jeans dictionary for me ? :D

Dave :geek:

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
JACKET_ HEAD said:
Waded seems to imply having been made 'Time Worn'. Is that right and how is it done ? Does it reduce the life of the jeans in any way ? Does it mean pre-shrunk ?

The 1927 501 jean was the first to be made from Red Selvage denim supplied by Cone Mills. At 10-ounces, it was also heavier than it’s predecessors. The Waded finish reproduces this jean after one years (careful) wear. The feel of the fabric is soft from washing and the indigo is a mid-shade of blue. This jean has a button fly, copper rivet detail on the stress points and a cinch-back.
Oki-Ni

I guess the life span will be just one year fewer, Dave. ;)