• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

W&G M-445

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
It seems to be original, Miles ... I thought the label looked a bit funny, but that's how they are.

That contract has khaki wool cuffs, says Full Gear.

Jaydee

That is an original. You can tell by the diamond renforcement patches on the sleeves. W&G went with the big rectangle renforcement patches on their repro, just like the ones on most the original M-445 jackets. The label looks like it could be a repro label because of the condition, and those threads or fibers hanging off around the edges. It is hard to tell though because the W&G Repro label is just like the original. It even has a correct W&G original contract number on it.

The condition looks great. But I would not trust that you could wear it by the looks. These WWII USN Shearlings are extremely fragile. I had an original Fried Osterman for a short time. It looked almost new, but when you handled it you could tell that it would rip open if you put too much stress on it. They have even been known to rip in the shoulders just hanging on a hanger.

My advice is, if you plan on displaying it on a manquin than go for it. But if you want to wear one, I would put my money into a good Repro instead.

I would offer to sell you my W&G Repro, but I just sold it to another forum member. It pains me to let it go but I never wear it here in California.