• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

W&G M-422a

delta102uk

.....I won this W&G M-422a a few days ago, seems to be in good nick apart from the lining which has several tears and rips but the original label is still there...also has original pilots name badge. It's a size 42" and was wondering if W&G navy jackets run big or small?...I usually take a 44" but have a 42" Pritzker G-1 that fits perfectly....I did have a 42" Church M-422a that fit okay in the torso but the arms were a bit too short!..

191271900_o.jpg

191272411_o.jpg

Sean K

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
delta102uk said:
... It's a size 42" and was wondering if W&G navy jackets run big or small?

John Chapman's CD .......

This Willis & Geiger M-422a is a huge size 48. These jackets tend to be wider than longer, and this jacket has a super wide body and sleeves.

delta102uk

Steve27752 said:
The jacket looks good. Is it off to ELC or Aero for a new liner and collar?

....If it fits I'll send it off to Aero for a new liner...collar looks okay to me...anyone have an idea how much Aero charge for a new rayon liner??

Cheers
Sean K

delta102uk

deeb7 said:
delta102uk said:
... It's a size 42" and was wondering if W&G navy jackets run big or small?

John Chapman's CD .......

This Willis & Geiger M-422a is a huge size 48. These jackets tend to be wider than longer, and this jacket has a super wide body and sleeves.

....don't have a copy of JC's cd, but from what you say hopefully it will fit!!...

Cheers
Sean K

Maverickson

delta102uk said:
Steve27752 said:

....If it fits I'll send it off to Aero for a new liner...collar looks okay to me...anyone have an idea how much Aero charge for a new rayon liner??

Cheers
Sean K

Hi Sean,

I too have an interest in these W & G M-422A jackets. A jacket found in a Toronto shop by Hawkeye viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2751 was purchased by me. I will be posting some photos upon me receiving the jacket. In addition, I currrently have had a jacket at Areo getting a full restoration. This http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/weba ... rodid=1069 Aero website gives a good indication of the cost to replace the lining and the complete cost of all associated work for a complete restoration

Cheers, Dave.

delta102uk

Maverickson said:
delta102uk said:
Steve27752 said:

Cheers
Sean K

Hi Sean,

I too have an interest in these W & G M-422A jackets. A jacket found in a Toronto shop by Hawkeye viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2751 was purchased by me. I will be posting some photos upon me receiving the jacket. In addition, I currrently have had a jacket at Areo getting a full restoration. This http://www.aeroleatherclothing.com/weba ... rodid=1069 Aero website gives a good indication of the cost to replace the lining and the complete cost of all associated work for a complete restoration

Cheers, Dave.

Hi Dave, thanks for sending the link....£65 for a re-line doesn't seem that bad and considering I only paid $154 for the jacket it still makes the jacket an economical purchase!...look forward to see the photo's of your jacket (don't see any kind of vintage flight jacket in a 48" that often!!).

Sean K

delta102uk

Steve27752 said:
Ooops! The collar looks okay. I think the `bald` spot that I saw is a mark on the picture.

....the jacket arrived today and is in great condition!!...the liner doesn't look too bad and don't think I'd even bother to get it repaired. It fits me okay in the torso but the shoulders are a bit tight and again the sleeves are a bit too short..If it had been a 44" I think it would have been perfect!.....I'll try and post more pics when I get time...

Sean K

delta102uk

delta102uk said:
Steve27752 said:
Ooops! The collar looks okay. I think the `bald` spot that I saw is a mark on the picture.

....the jacket arrived today and is in great condition!!...the liner doesn't look too bad and don't think I'd even bother to get it repaired. It fits me okay in the torso but the shoulders are a bit tight and again the sleeves are a bit too short..If it had been a 44" I think it would have been perfect!.....I'll try and post more pics when I get time...

Sean K

.....More pics!...listed on eBay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... CA:US:1123

Sean K