• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

VLJ Victory Girl - Shireen

442RCT

Shireen is modeling an Avirex goat skin A-2. This Avirex is a slim military cut and has taken quite a patina. Unlike many of my other Avirex jackets, this one has a box stitched hanger and a better than average A-2 repro. I'm guessing it's from the 1980s or was made for the Japanese market.

382936_202735209810842_100002230945950_447418_1128453096_n.jpg

Dr H

442RCT said:
Unlike many of my other Avirex jackets, this one has a box stitched hanger and a better than average A-2 repro. I'm guessing it's from the 1980s or was made for the Japanese ]

Took the words right out of my mouth...the first thing that came to mind... :roll:
:lol:

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
442RCT said:
Shireen is modeling an Avirex goat skin A-2. This Avirex is a slim military cut and has taken quite a patina. Unlike many of my other Avirex jackets, this one has a box stitched hanger and a better than average A-2 repro. I'm guessing it's from the 1980s or was made for the Japanese market.

Good to see you have your priorities right, and you're telling us about the jacket. :cool:

nogbat

shireen has excepted my sincere invitation to spend christmas with me in sunny buckinghamshire uk . :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :roll:

greyhound52

Terrible picture can't see the jacket at all! What box stitching etc? Geesh :lol: Yeah right like that is what at first.

dujardin

welllllllllll.... :) .....hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..... :twisted: ........maybeeeeeeee.... :| .....but!!!!!!!!

NO...... :lol:

A

Anonymous

RCSignals said:
I can't decide. More photos are required to make an informed decision.
Agreed, if you would be so kind as to show us additional pictures. It would enable us to give a more educated analysis, as to the actual splendor of the young lady. One picture is so one dimensional. We want 3D :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

442RCT

I apologize for this photo, you can't really make out the wonderful patina on the goatskin, see any of the pocket or collar details, trust me it is a nice enough jacket for the price. I'm going to have to get models that know how to properly wear an A-2. Again I apologize for any disappointment you may suffer from seeing an A-2 so poorly photographed and displayed. :oops:
377997_202981413119555_100002230945950_448062_1801908298_n.jpg

Falcon_52

A few years back I saw some A-2 jackets labelled "Avirex" at a used leather shop in Tokyo. Those jackets looked like high end repros (comparable to Eastman or Buzz Rickson's) rather than the Avirex jackets that were sold here in the U.S. I was very confused.

Oh, and Shireen is awesome! Home run... ;)

Noel

MikeyB-17

Avirex used to do a half decent repro A-2, before they started on all the escape map linings and all that piffle. Hardly stitch for stitch, but respectable. Their book, 'Cowboys of the Sky' is complete tosh, but worth getting for entertainment value. They keep banging on about their insistence on '100% accuracy'. Hmmmm.

A

Anonymous

We need to see the patina on the back side of the jacket please. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

better duck

Next time let her wearing the jacket zipped up, please. Only that way can we admire the curves of the pocket flaps and overall fit of the jacket! ;) :D

johnwayne

Shireen would make a nice Cowgirl of the Sky no doubt!!

As to the book I actually thought it was OK at the time (a few years back now) but then it was superceded by others or maybe I just discovered the real thing in the JP Maguire books!!
As to Avirex jackets, yea some of the early ones were half decent as was some of their other 'aircrew' themed gear - perhaps it was the 'hip hop' crew who stumbled upon their more colourful items that led them down that path ie the commercial market.
I just hope when I wear my ELC or GW's they don't get mistaken for Avirex - surely not, perish the thought!!!!!!!!!

Cheers
Wayne