• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

VLJ has reached the big 1000!

dujardin

wellllllllllllllll good news
i think that ''J3cubflyer'' beiing the 1000 must write some words for us
already welcome to him (or her)

byeeeeeee marcel

hacker

dujardin said:
wellllllllllllllll good news
i think that ''J3cubflyer'' beiing the 1000 must write some words for us
already welcome to him (or her)

byeeeeeee marcel

Lets start with pics of the Cub!

Hacker

RudyN

That is very good. I am a fairly new member here and am always impressed by the amount of knowledged the members here have.

johnwayne

Cant believe there's another 999 people like me out there!!!
Wonder how many actually own a nice jacket, repro or original - wondered too as how many jackets ELC, Aero, Goodwear et al have actually made beween them since they started?????
Must admit, with all this snow weve had in the UK I'm considering adding a 'shearling' to the collection (or 'just another brown leather jacket' as my wife would tell you)!!!

Cheers
Wayne

deand

It's nice to see that the growth of the forum is viewed as a good thing. My experience with groups of enthusiasts has been that they like their associations free from being, how shall I say, diluted with novices. Yet here, and another forum I used to frequent more, have been very welcoming, and very civil to an initiate like myself. It's nice to fell welcome, and it helps nurture the interest that grows as one learns more.

dean

PADDY_M

Great News! Definitely cause for a MILLENIUM CELEBRATION!

I've worked out that I've been a member of TFL for just short of 6 years now, and I've been a member of VLJ in all its' rebrandings for even longer! Where on earth has the time gone Gents?

In that time I've seen one Mod get himself through medical school and another start up his own vintage flight jacket business - amazing!! We see new blood come into the forum and oldies drift away. It makes you sit back for a moment and reflect, doesn't it.

Just think, a decade or so ago and something like this was hardly possible for most people to unite from all corners of the Globe from the comfort of our homes, joined by an interest in old flying jackets and aviation. The power of technology eh!

WELL DONE VLJ..!!

Jaydee

PADDY_M said:
Great News! Definitely cause for a MILLENIUM CELEBRATION!

Just think, a decade or so ago and something like this was hardly possible for most people to unite from all corners of the Globe from the comfort of our homes, joined by an interest in old flying jackets and aviation. The power of technology eh!

WELL DONE VLJ..!!

I have thought of this too. The internet has really made vintage jackets, replacement parts, and information accessable to everyone. I'm sure it has really helped expand the "Hobby" into almost an industry nowadays. Think about how hard it would be to find an NOS Talon zipper without the internet.

B-Man2

Yes, it sort of takes the 50's and 60's concept of "Pen Pals" to a new world level!!

Burt

siddhartha

Administrator
The forum wouldn't exist without all of you guys/gals.

It's been an honor for me to provide this forum, and I hope it goes on for a long time

Best,

Chris

Peter Graham

siddhartha said:

It's been an honor for me to provide this forum, and I hope it goes on for a long time

Best,

Chris
Chris, this forum has been a big part of my life for a long time and I thank you for providing it. I've never met another member but the help I've recieved goes way beyond what I ever imagined from an internet forum. We have a special community here and long may it continue.

airfrogusmc

Chris, I remember when it would take sometimes a week between posts, remember? And I think Grant was like the first member of that first version.

Thanks Chris.

dujardin

Peter Graham said:
siddhartha said:

Best,

Chris
Chris, this forum has been a big part of my life for a long time and I thank you for providing it. I've never met another member but the help I've recieved goes way beyond what I ever imagined from an internet forum. We have a special community here and long may it continue.

same for me, thanks to all members and mods
friendship from belgium marcel

johnwayne

To echo what most have said - excellent forum and thanks to Roughwear (from whom I bought my first original A2) for introducing me and while I fall well short of Andrew's collection with my 10th jacket on the way, my day isn't complete without a intake of VLJ! Trouble is, I'm hooked now!!!!
Cheers
Wayne