• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage shops in London

Ritchy

I'm going to London soon. Are there any other vintage shops with military clothes other than Brick Lane?

johnwayne

Lived in London all my life and cant think of any ‘military’ shops as such, however, vintage shops are numerous. Brick Lane and some of the side roads is a good starting point. Son of Stag in Dray Walk near Brick Lane does great gear inc ELC stuff but new gear and, pricey! On Thursdays in nearby Spitalfields Market between Bishopsgate and BL there are a lot of stalls selling vintage gear (missed out on an original SAT A2 there once!) and there are one or two vintage places near Covent Garden, Exeter Street I think, but might be wise to search online!!

colekwok

American Classics has now moved to Carnaby St area next to Redwing.

Wow, good to know. I haven't been to Covent Garden for a long time. In fact I am trying to avoid going to central London unless if it is necessary. TFL is bloody expensive and even if you drive, you still need to pay for the stupid congestion charge during the weekends, which makes no sense except that it is daylight robbery.

Oh, there's also Lewis Leathers near Tottenham Road, and next to it, Rivet and Hide.

bn1966

Was down at American Classics in May, days before their move. Should now have improved foot fall and more room. Previous location around Covent suffered from being a little out of the way and constant roadworks. Well worth having a butchers in the Brick Lane area as suggested, several vintage shops nearby.

stanier

Clutch cafe in Great Portland Street and Vintage Showroom in Covent Garden can be interesting and Camden Stables may have something to interest you, particularly at weekends, but all these places demand deep pockets and only you know if that works for you or not. The London markup is alive and well be assured...

MikeyB-17

I was in the Covent Garden one a few years ago. Was considering picking up something small, hat or something, but there wasn’t anything that wasn’t a ridiculous price. I think they wanted £100+ for a watch cap, even a Buco tin mug was about £50. There was a B-7 on the wall, shudder to think what that would have cost. Places like that cater for the sort of folk who won’t be worrying about turning their heating on this winter.

colekwok

Clutch cafe in Great Portland Street and Vintage Showroom in Covent Garden can be interesting and Camden Stables may have something to interest you, particularly at weekends, but all these places demand deep pockets and only you know if that works for you or not. The London markup is alive and well be assured...

The Vintage Showroom has moved to somewhere near Notting Hill. Yes, I agree, they are a good showroom but the prices are just ridiculous.

269sqnhudson

What about Rokit, Covent Garden? Real McCoy, American Classics etc aren't really vintage shops. I've bought good stuff from Rokit, nice condition M65s on occasion some lovely 80s choch-chip jackets, that kind of thing.

colekwok

What about Rokit, Covent Garden? Real McCoy, American Classics etc aren't really vintage shops. I've bought good stuff from Rokit, nice condition M65s on occasion some lovely 80s choch-chip jackets, that kind of thing.

That's true, the shops that we mentioned are more like Vintage fashions.

bn1966

True, Rokit is worth a nose. I did make a purchase at the Real McCoy, they had a splendid looking 60’s style MA-1 in the Covent shop. I asked the price..£1300.00 came out with a neckerchief instead :)