• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage photos come alive

Greg Gale

Check out this website. You upload an old photo, and an AI adds movement to the face, making the person come alive. It's amazing what today's technology can do! Here's Don Blakeslee:

Gentile and Godfrey:

Unbelievable!

robrinay

I’ve just tried it - amazing! I’ve noticed that if you tap on ‘animation’ above the pic there are 10 different effects. I’ve previously used their colourising app on some of my pics which is also great. I’m a member of the site - joined to research my family tree and check out my DNA.

Last edited:

Flightengineer

This service has been discussed everywhere for several weeks. Some uploaded and "brought to life" not only photos but also classic pictures. It looks scary in my opinion and not always believable (depends on the angle of the original photo). A friend of mine uploaded her own photo and it turned out completely different - the result was very different from her in reality. Each person is individual in their facial expressions I think.
So if you have never seen these people, it seems to you that they "came to life", but I think this is just a toy (for now, anyway) and I'm not sure that relatives would recognize their loved ones in this facial expression.

Clark J

A guy from my home town did it to my uncles Army picture that had posted on the anniversary of his death on the 6th of March 45 ,, it was really nice !

MikeyB-17

I think it probably depends on the original pic-in the one of Godfrey, he’s been caught with his eyes partially closed, and that’s all the software has to go on-it can’t show him with open eyes, so he doesn’t really look right. Like most of these things, with the right original photograph, it can be amazing, but it can’t perform miracles when there isn’t much to work with.