• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage? Military Jacket Air and Navy Team,,, I am a newcomer and dont know what I have here.

frejfruit

Hello, thank you for reading my post! I am your typical thrifter and stumbled upon this leather jacket in the Halloween costume section at a local store today. I am hoping to date it. I have attached some pictures. If there is any other picture that might help, please let me know and I will get it posted asap. Thank you for any and all help!
IMG_1275.jpg
IMG_1274.jpg
IMG_1271.jpg
IMG_1272.jpg
IMG_1273.jpg
IMG_1269 (1).jpg

Last edited:

MikeyB-17

It ain't military, that's for sure. Obviously had detachable fur collar and liner at some point. Leather looks like the sandblasted, faux-distressed stuff that was popular in the 80's. Was probably quite expensive when new.

frejfruit

Thank yall! I appreciate it. It is a very weird coloration. Still a cool looking jacket. At the shop it just stuck out too much for me to ignore it. Not many "leather" jackets with this style show up. May I ask what are the top 3 things for authenticating old leather jackets?

Smithy

Yup as others have said 80s/90s civilian "bomber" style jacket. It would have originally had a removeable mouton/fleece or sheepskin collar. The leather finish is typical of the "distressed" finish which was really popular back then.

In terms of authenticating old jackets, it's a combination of things: style, cut and pattern; leather; label (if still present); zips/buttons and other hardware.