• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage MA-1

JonnyCrow

Just seen a 8278 Buzz Rickson online for sale, didn't know they were such a high price, or is 350 bucks too high?

Rutger

350 is fine if it is immaculate and you really want that particular one. Patience is your wallet's friend.
You'll find the right one (no stains, virtually no wear, no fading) for oh 250-300 or thereabouts. Skip the ones above 400 or so. Unless.....etc.
On ebay, ten years ago there were weeks when not a single Buzz showed up. When I search them now I see hundreds of Buzz jackets, it pays to be picky. Most will be tagged either Lion Uniform or Buzz Rickson. As far as I know these are identical jackets, but don't take my word for it as I never made a comparison.

You can also keep an eye on Real McCoy, they make great MA-1's as well. Well, in my opinion anyway.
Real McCoy shows up a lot less than BR.

These are pretty short jackets, as per the originals. It helps if you have a short upper body.
Buzz made a Slender version as well, which would be an option.

And you can always wait for an original to show up, or order a boxed & wrapped NOS MA-1 with Jorge.

Just my 0.02 cents ;)

JonnyCrow

Just be prepared for the waist band to go around your, ummm….waist. It feels weird and can get co

Yeah that might become irritating to be honest
I went in Nylon section and it’s come up few times
I had a nice A1 once, vintage reproduction but used to ride up like a woman's crop top haha I like wearing vintage pants and jeans that take suspenders, high waist, that's the only thing that would work haha