• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

'Vintage' Lewis Leathers

havocpaul

A good friend of mine is trying to source a vintage (60's - 80's) Lewis leathers bike jacket in a size 44. Despite living in London he couldn't find anywhere that might have one and eBay seems quiet. I have tried suggesting other makers but he is adamant on getting a Lewis (red lining, rock'n'roll history etc!)

John Lever

havocpaul said:
A good friend of mine is trying to source a vintage (60's - 80's) Lewis leathers bike jacket in a size 44. Despite living in London he couldn't find anywhere that might have one and eBay seems quiet. I have tried suggesting other makers but he is adamant on getting a Lewis (red lining, rock'n'roll history etc!)
Paul,
I am sure I have seen something like this on the US ebay site. It came up under 'Vintage M/C Jacket' It was expensive, over £500 at least.

havocpaul

My mate doesn't 'do eBay' so I have been searching, obviously the price of a new Lewis is over £600 these days so I think he's hoping to get a vintage one for alot less; like me he was around in the punk days and they were plenty back then, found all around London markets, thrift shops etc. I am going to try and take him down to Greenwich on a weekend and check out their second-hand dealers, I think Camden will be too expensive due to the tourist/celeb buyers paying premium prices. The Japs have taken to Lewis jackets so like flight jackets have pushed up prices but they tend to buy the smaller sizes.

joeson

Definitely some to be found at the stables market in camden.Prices on larger sizes will be less than smaller ones,due to the Japanese market being premium.

havocpaul

Sounds like it's worth the trip up from Kent to Camden then, is it only weekend up there, I haven't been there since 1980's!

joeson

havocpaul said:
Sounds like it's worth the trip up from Kent to Camden then, is it only weekend up there, I haven't been there since 1980's!
Some shops are open every day but not all.