• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage Leather Jacket - Replica Quality?

MarilynJones

Hey everyone,
I'm looking at getting a vintage leather jacket from All USA Jackets. They have a bunch of cool movie and celebrity replicas at prices that seem almost too good to be true.

The weird thing is, most of their pictures are of the actual movie costumes, not the jackets they're selling. That makes it tough to judge the quality of the leather itself.

Anyone have any experience with this company or similar one? I'm mainly interested in how close their jackets look to the ones they're based on, not necessarily the leather quality (although that would be nice to know too).

Thanks!

mulceber

I've never dealt with them, but I'm getting a number of red flags: Prices too good to be true? They probably are. Not showing pictures of their actual product? About the biggest red flag there is. I would give them a WIDE berth.

If you're interested in reproductions of film jackets at a reasonable price, I'd recommend Five Star Leather. Many members here have had good experiences with them, and they're happy to make custom jackets based on photos that you send them.

MarilynJones

Thanks Mulceber, for the heads up! I hadn't considered the lack of actual product photos as a red flag, but you're absolutely right - it's a major concern.

I'll definitely steer clear of them and check out Five Star Leather instead. It's great to hear they have a good reputation and offer custom options. Thanks again for the tip!

ties70

I've never dealt with them, but I'm getting a number of red flags: Prices too good to be true? They probably are. Not showing pictures of their actual product? About the biggest red flag there is. I would give them a WIDE berth.

If you're interested in reproductions of film jackets at a reasonable price, I'd recommend Five Star Leather. Many members here have had good experiences with them, and they're happy to make custom jackets based on photos that you send them.

Good advice, Jan!!

Plus: If they do not have a physical address and no imprint to show who's behind their business...don't send your money there.

B-Man2

tmp.gif