• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

VIETNAM WAR IRVIN B. FOSTER SPTSWEAR G-1 (VMF-311 / VMA-134)

Jorgeenriqueaguilera

This time one of my favorites, a minty example of the G-1 made by IRVIN B. FOSTER SPTSWEAR, it belonged to a Vietnam War (and possibly Korean War) USMC fighter pilot, although I couldn’t find info about him.

This jacket is in pristine condition considering it’s more than 50 years old. Leather is supple and looks like it was issued yesterday.
Zipper working perfectly, no signs of rust and knits were replaced with the correct tone.
Mouton collar is intact and shows a chocolate-reddish tone.

The right chest depicts a VMA-134 patch, on the left chest is a leather name tag, impressed “E.R. EULER MAJ USMCR”
Right shoulder depicts a SUPER RARE heart-shaped bullion VMF-311 patch featuring a black cat riding a rocket. This patch is from Korean War when they were flying the F9F Panther. VMF-311 later transitioned to the A-4 Skyhawk and VMA-134 was flying the A-4 Skyhawk.
Left shoulder depicts a Douglas A-4 Skyhawk patch.
Zipper puller has attached 5 Lucky coins!

Here are some pictures to entertain, wish you all a great Sunday!

Jorge

B5D67DB3-E41D-4D59-944E-F6113E6F0429.jpeg

FE96F2E3-1C1A-4EB9-982F-9124EC4E9516.jpeg

890BAD7C-2B75-473E-96CF-E44FBEEB5079.jpeg

F67F6487-13A5-4EB4-B34D-E972656A7072.jpeg

6C6C737D-375A-432C-8E56-1F2E478614B8.jpeg

Last edited:

MikeyB-17

I had an Irvin B. C series, one of the best G-1 's I've had. They have a unique back panel configuration, instead of one big panel with the edges folded to make the bi-swing, the back panel is a separate piece, resulting in an extra seam. Somebody pointed that out years ago and I've always remembered it.

Jorgeenriqueaguilera

I had an Irvin B. C series, one of the best G-1 's I've had. They have a unique back panel configuration, instead of one big panel with the edges folded to make the bi-swing, the back panel is a separate piece, resulting in an extra seam. Somebody pointed that out years ago and I've always remembered it.
I never noticed the back panel difference before, I’m going to check it, C series are indeed very nice and you can still find examples in great condition nowadays. A and B series are my favorites, I’m going to post some in a couple days.