• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vet reunited with A2 Jacket - a $17 Goodwill purchase!

MikeyB-17

The most remarkable thing about this story is that the bloke got an original A-2 for $17!!! I'm not terribly surprised about the vet's comment, to them they were just jackets they were issued, they don't hold them in the same reverence as us jacket nerds.

DJS48

Great story and I am at present reading "Revenge of the Red Raiders", the illustrated history of the 22nd BG. Mr. Arand is mentioned in the book regarding the last mission flown by the group and also a small picture of him as well as a few other references to him. That's pretty cool, atleast to me and also how his jacket "found" him after all the years.
Cheers,
Don

johnwayne

How cool is that and as echoed, hard to believe the $17 bit but a lovely story nonetheless - if I had $1 for every vintage shop/market I've scoured then I could buy loads of the $17 versions!!

cheers
Wayne

269sqnhudson

$17.00? Even if they had no idea what the artwork meant it's clearly a vintage leather jacket, what are they doing selling it for $17.00?
Also stop tugging the damn pockets man! 'Oh let's see how far my hands go in, nurrrrrr' :roll: