• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

VERY WELL PRESERVED ORIGINAL DUBOW 27798 SIZE 46

Roughwear

This Dubow is from the huge 27798 contract, which dates to the late Spring of 1942. As a size 46 it fits very comfortably and is a little larger than my size 44 which I have photographed with this jacket. The horsehide leather is beautiful, with a strong shade of russet, and is quite thick and buttery. The tan thread is strong and secure. Larger sized Dubows are very rare and this is a really nice jacket to wear. The knits and zipper were replaced by ELC around ten years ago and they did the work extremely well.

As way of comparrison with my size 44 here are both sets of measurements.

Size 44..................................Size 46
Pit to pit: 23.5" ..........................24"
sleeve: 24" ...............................25"
shoulders: 18.5" ..........................19"
back(from base of collar): 25.5"........26.75"
windflap: 22.75"..........................23.5"

034-1.jpg

035-1.jpg

036-1.jpg

037-1.jpg

038-1.jpg

039.jpg

040-1.jpg

041.jpg

042-1.jpg

043-1.jpg

044-1.jpg

045-1.jpg

046.jpg

047-1.jpg

048-1.jpg

049-1.jpg

001-1.jpg

005-2.jpg

006-2.jpg

009-2.jpg

010-1.jpg

better duck

Waaay too large for you Andrew, give it to me! :D Yoiu have seen the photos of how my GW RW and Dubow sit on me: I'm a much better model for this jacket than you!! ;) :) :D
Seriously: this is a beautiful jacket!

bseal

The 46" kinda resembles a Lost Worlds? I am referring to the pocket placement and wider sleeves. Good score.

Jaguar46

This jacket looks remarkably similar to some of the good reproduction jackets being produced, e.g. Goodwear etc.
Nice jacket.

joke

Marv

Looks excellent, in some of the photos the russet HH could mistaken for seal in colour......I think that would even fit me. :)

Dani-B

Very nice jacket, Andrew. And the listed measurements (Size 46) are more or less identical to my GW Dubow 27798 in the same size. Good to know - thanks for sharing!
Dani

ButteMT61

This is pretty amazing. It looks like some of the recent "worn" Good Wear's...i.e., like a jacket barely worn. Was this another from US ebay?

Andrew

Based purely on the fact you pipped my last second snipe I thought it looked terrible on you... :cool:

However as i've just spent the last 2 weeks in Bali i'm now recentered and I can accept the reality that I didn't need it anyway!

Roughwear

Now that you have have just had a significant birthday it's no excuse to be grumpy! ;)

I think a size 46 would be a tad small for you Andrew. What do you think?

Roughwear

Very good Scott, but our claws are not out! :lol: Actually Andrew and I had a joke about the jacket a fews back and he knows he needs a size 48 in a Dubow to fit him comfortably.