• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Very early ELC B-3 WW2 Bomber Crew!

havocpaul

I have just received (yesterday) a very early Eastman B-3 jacket from Andrew via eBay and am so pleased with it..the sheepskin is identical to wartime jackets and Andrew had 'improved' the jacket by adding the correct NOS Talon. It is a size 44 and fits perfectly. I never bought one when they first launched the B-3 in the late 1980's and the current versions don't have the same sheepskin which looks too 'smooth'. Anyway, took some pics posing away, also wearing ELC 50.cal B-2 cap..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/havocpaul/?saved=1

Roughwear

Perfect fit Paul. I so glad you are pleased with B-3. The jacket is very much like a H Bernstein B-3. Here are few more pics to add to yours Paul.

001-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

010-1.jpg

havocpaul

thanks again, Andrew. Such a shame their current B-3's don't manage to look this good, guess they can't source that sheepskin anymore. Actually a strange thought that this jacket if about 25 years old is only about 5 years younger than originals were when I first started buying them in the mid 1970's!

John Lever

I have just discovered purely by chance that there was the option of horse hide or steer hide facings on the early ELC B-3's.
I think I may have had one without ever realizing it as they are so difficult to tell apart.

ButteMT61

If I aged those photos, they'd look period! You reincarnated? Made for you is an understatement. Thumbs up.

havocpaul

ButteMT61 said:
If I aged those photos, they'd look period! You reincarnated? Made for you is an understatement. Thumbs up.
Thank you..that was the effect I tried but could only make it b/w..still, more flattering :)