• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USAF sateen field jacket (57-69)

Tim P

As my sporadic postwar USAF interest has flared again I have procured for myself a large Sateen USAF OG107 field jacket, precursor (in the USAF) to the M-65. Big fat collar with a zip in hood.
I don't know yet if it will fit, I usually get Large Long in military clothing of that era. In any event I know these can be had cheap ($24 for this one, with TAC patch.. I think no-one likes em...) and I used to have a medium one when i was about 13-14. I am on the lookout for one in good shape in XL R or L just in case so if anyone hears of one or sees one, let me know. Just missed a badged one, XL L in superb shape with button in liner for £45 :cry:
Cheers
Tim

watchmanjimg

I recently acquired an early sage example in Medium Regular with liner. Unfortunately they're cut a lot smaller than the M-65, so it's too small for me. They're nice jackets, though.

Tim P

It arrived and, apart from paint flecks which cannot be sorted, cuff fraying and missing buttons are easily remedied. a Large long, it fits a treat. evaluating insignia options at this time.