• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

USAAF Flight gear

Steve H

A mate and I decided to take a few pics when we were bored one day and this grew from just basic portrait style photos- I know, dress ups right?? :lol: ;

5bb7a061.jpg

9feac9cd.jpg

52a5f6ee.jpg

109aecc5.jpg
And some individual "Little Friends" stuff;

Original A4 suit
13b2675b.jpg

With S1 chute, A11 helmet, B8 goggles, A10 mask and A4 life preserver
61f745ac.jpg

All strapped up...
1765be70.jpg

and ready to go...
8920454c.jpg

dmar836

Looks great. The stuff needs to get out every once in a while, right?

BTW, what did your true air speed end up being?

Dave

ausreenactor

If you can not don the original kit now and again, what is the good in chasing it and paying for it!

Nice items and you certainly look the part...

Couchy

Peter Graham

ausreenactor said:
If you can not don the original kit now and again, what is the good in chasing it and paying for it!

Thank goodness someone understands. :) Me having fun last week.

PA195456600x800.jpg

PA195455600x800.jpg

ausreenactor

Insanely jealous! We are not mature enough, or trusted enough to have Airsoft. I could when I was 15
but they changed the laws as I got older? Looking good Peter...

Couchy

Phantomfixer

You guys look great...But I couldn't help feel like you were on the ground, lost, looking for the flightline.... :evil: Awesome gear guys, lookin good

ausreenactor

jzist said:
You guys look great...But I couldn't help feel like you were on the ground, lost, looking for the flightline.... :evil: Awesome gear guys, lookin good

In my experience this is the case more often than not... :lol:

Couchy

Steve H

ausreenactor said:
jzist said:

Couchy

Fair points chaps, that was on the ground- this any better???? B-24

DSCF5586-1.jpg

DSCF5553.jpg

Andrew

Steve, i now see you're in Melb. So I take it that's the Werribee Lib? Tell us about your visit with full kit. I was there a couple of years ago so I'd be interested hearing where it's up to. A bunch of VLJers here have a special connection to one of the fellows behind that resto.

By the way, you and your mate look to have great collection.

ausreenactor

Steve H said:
ausreenactor said:
jzist said:

Couchy

Steve...

The pics are great, I was just referring to the SSO pilots at work looking lost. They are fine in the air, but the rest of that soldiering 'stuff' really knocks them around. The kit you guys have gathered is amazing. And the B-24 is a VERY nice prop to enhance the theme. I never picked up you were in Australia? I am south bound at Christmas for a tad. Might have to drag down the 'pinks and greens' for a catch up?

Couchy

Steve H

ausreenactor said:

Couchy

Steve...

The pics are great, I was just referring to the SSO pilots at work looking lost. They are fine in the air, but the rest of that soldiering 'stuff' really knocks them around. The kit you guys have gathered is amazing. And the B-24 is a VERY nice prop to enhance the theme. I never picked up you were in Australia? I am south bound at Christmas for a tad. Might have to drag down the 'pinks and greens' for a catch up?

Couchy[/quote]

Hey mate, yep, in Melbourne. Deffo up for a catch up- you look real familiar actually- did you ever spend time in RAAC? I was 1st Armoured Regiment for quite a few years, spent time at Pucka and Darwin. Anyway, I'll PM you a bit later re that stuff offline.

SSO's looking lost- I picked that up straight away from you post :lol: Funny thing is I posted those pics on another reenactment forum and a mate in the US who does groundcrew reenactment and had also spent time in the Military made the exact same comments- pretty funny so I guess it means we got the aircrew-on-ground look right!!! :twisted:

This past weekend we went along to a model kit trade fair day at the B-24 hangar and made full use of the "facilities" while we were there. We had mannequins set up with flying kit displays and had a table with static stuff- chutes, helmets etc. We also made some fantastic contact with the crew conducting the resto so watch this space for more pics in the months to come as we do a return visit with full flying kit. I'll do a separate thread in a different section re the last visit when I get a chance.

cheers

Steve

Andrew

Steve, this is the thread for the project a bunch of us did for Ed Crabtree, last man to fly this particular ac. You might find it interesting since you've seen it a lot more recently. I've not spoken with Ed for over a year now, I should but every year I get a little anxious...

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4976&hilit=380th

YoungMedic

Steve H said:
A mate and I decided to take a few pics when we were bored one day and this grew from just basic portrait style photos- I know, dress ups right?? :lol: ;

9feac9cd.jpg

Ive always loved the pics of the crews going over the game plan near the aircraft, so I thought I would "dirty" this one up real quick and make it look Legit! :mrgreen:

9feac9cd-bw.jpg

or Colorized

9feac9cd-cl.jpg