• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

US Navy G8 WEP

Cyril

Hi there,
I hope someone can tell me something about this jacket. I couldn't find the manufacturer (ISS New York N.Y.) on the net. The jacket dates from around the beginning of the 90s. Does anyone have any idea if it was an official Navy supplier or if it was a reproduction? Could the Scovill zipper give a hint?
Cheers
Cyril

P1100220.JPG
P1100221.JPG
P1100222.JPG

Skyhawk

It's a repro made by Spiewak. That ISS label was used on some of their other Repros. I believe that was in the 1980's - 1990's
It appears that it was too much trouble for them to match the knits to the waist on that one. Not the case on all of them they made. This is a repro of one of the ugliest flight jackets ever produced in my opinion. Curious project for them to undertake.

This one has the right color knits on it. Plus the tags that were removed off the other one.
1667500978568.png

Cyril

It's a repro made by Spiewak. That ISS label was used on some of their other Repros. I believe that was in the 1980's - 1990's
It appears that it was too much trouble for them to match the knits to the waist on that one. Not the case on all of them they made. This is a repro of one of the ugliest flight jackets ever produced in my opinion. Curious project for them to undertake.

This one has the right color knits on it. Plus the tags that were removed off the other one.
View attachment 85602
Thank you, this was helpful!
i always found it interesting that the jacket was different from the (in the 90s) omnipresent MA-1 and CWUs and was a bit "own". Unfortunately, the cut is difficult. It is relatively wide, but short and the arms are a bit too balloon-like.

Skyhawk

I think it was a bad idea, proven by the short service life. It reminds me of another recent bad idea, the CWU-106 Gortex flight jacket. It fits like a gunny sack and does not look cool. I don't get it. Is the rain spotting really that bad on Nomex? Not bad enough to wear this in my opinion:
1667505552017.png

Skyhawk

Yeah I know, I was thinking about that jacket but couldn't think of the country of origin. Your right.

Stylin' comparatively. Not bad at all.