US Country Store USAAF WINGED ROUNDEL DECAL ON A2

Discussion in 'Jacket Art / Patches - Original and Reproduction' started by Bombing IP, Jan 4, 2019.

1. Bombing IP

Bombing IP Well-Known Member

101_6701.JPG Bought of eBay a winged roundel for the left sleeve top for my A2 . I took note of the instructions and applied it with a hot iron ,it came out well no problems .You get 2 in the pack and it comes from Taiwan quite fast .

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ARMY-AIR-F...AL-for-A-2-B-3-D-1-flight-jacket/323620026886

101_6701.JPG

Color looks a bit off because of the flash on my camera ,the picture on the eBay listing is correct .
    BIP

Last edited: Jan 4, 2019
  2. Edward

Edward Well-Known Member

looks great!

Bombing IP likes this.
  3. Silver Surfer

Silver Surfer Well-Known Member

i have used those, as well as the ones from mash. both are easy to apply, and both look very convincing. btw, that looks sharp on the seal hh.

Bombing IP likes this.
  4. Thomas Koehle

Thomas Koehle Well-Known Member

Thx for the hint

5. Garylafortuna

Garylafortuna Active Member

Good product, good comprehensive instructions, friendly vendor. They offer several options: US Air Force, Army Air Forces, both leather and fabric versions. I think they even offer two shades of blue background.

6. Thomas Koehle

Thomas Koehle Well-Known Member

Anyone any idea whether the more darkblue or brighter blue rounded is more realistic?

I could imagine there where some deviations in between the different manufacturers during wartime???

7. B-Man2

B-Man2 Well-Known Member

Nicely done.
    Thomas
    The originals with a roundel that I have, all have the dark blue background. Doesn't mean that others don't have a light blue background however.

8. Carl

Carl Well-Known Member

Before i jump in feet first and make myself look an idiot , just need to check somthing :)

9. Micawber

Micawber Well-Known Member

Think I'll give those a bash....