• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

US Authentic

nickgp

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

US Authentic makes beautiful and accurate jackets
I have a G-1 and a russet A-2 that are beautiful and I just received an A-2 vest in Goat-seal brown-an A-2 without sleeves or collar and no waistband to wear under an A-2 or whatever-It is absolutely pristine.i am so happy with it-I have know Shaul for more than 10 years and his jackets, nose art and jacket repairs are second to none-realistic and you get value and authenticity-there are many companies out there that are more expensive and you dont get the detail that you get from US Authentic-They have evolved into one of the best jacket companies in the business-I have 16 jackets from all the current manufacturers and US Authentic's are some of the nicest.-Nick

dmar836

Nick,
With all due respect you have posted repeatedly - mostly promoting US Authentic. I don't think any have had pics or responses to replies. I think I speak for the other forum members when I say we would like more substance to such praise. Perhaps we can support your friend but not without more info and pics.
Please advise,
Dave

I ordered one a few years ago. I asked for 24 inch sleeves and it came with 26 and this added feature. Sorry, it didn't come close to my Aero, Langlitz or Goodwear. I sent it back and went to another vendor. But obviously you've had better luck.

fedoralover

Roughwear

It sounds to me if the guy who started this thread has not examined or owned jackets from the more accurate repro makers, such as Good Wear, BK and Eastman. Moreover has he compared jackets made by US Authentic with originals? I suspect not.

Roughwear

fedoralover said:
I ordered one a few years ago. I asked for 24 inch sleeves and it came with 26 and this added feature. Sorry, it didn't come close to my Aero, Langlitz or Goodwear. I sent it back and went to another vendor. But obviously you've had better luck.

fedoralover

Oh dear! The leather looks like the cheap fake leather used to make cheap shoes and bags!

Clark J

Was one of the first A-2s I bought,,price point.The leather has this funky russet paint top coat for a better word and took denatured alcohol and rubbed and rubbed and rubbed and got all the crap off.Surprisingly it looked really OK!I don't have any idea why he uses this stuff.For the price at the time it wasn't a bad beater jacket.

I know nothing about sewing, the type of thread, tension, and quality of the hide seems like factors in building a jacket. This jacket looks like the thread might tear the leather over a period of time. Just a very uneducated guess.

dmar836

We dog this jacket but I was questioning the OP. To start a thread with "join date" and "location" is unusual - a first here.
As for the jacket, this might be that "middle-of-the-road" jacket that everyone keeps asking for. If costs are kept down, and one is still paid to make it, this is what you get.
JMO
Dave

dmar836 said:
We dog this jacket but I was questioning the OP. To start a thread with "join date" and "location" is unusual - a first here.
As for the jacket, this might be that "middle-of-the-road" jacket that everyone keeps asking for. If costs are kept down, and one is still paid to make it, this is what you get.
JMO
Dave

That was what I thought when I ordered mine, but waiting for a few extra months to save up for a higher quality jacket was worth it to overcome the disappointment of a lower quality jacket.

fedoralover

a2jacketpatches

Yeah this thread starts out as a plug for the company no doubt. Having owned one I will add a bit of a review.

A U.S. Authentic is the only WW2 reproduction A-2 I ever pulled trigger on and wore it very little. The hide reminds me of a G&B I applied patches to once. The finish is a top coat and maybe a little more shiny than desired but really isn't that bad. Leather is hefty and this jacket may take a while to break in but does start to gain character quickly. I didn't have any issues like that epaulette and the construction was quality, not sure how that could pass QC. Aside from that, Like I said, had it for only one winter in Boston and it was nice and toasty with a sweatshirt. It felt like armor against that cold but I sold it shortly after moving to CA. No matter how cool it gets in CA or Vegas I can't find more than an hour or so that warrants a leather jacket. Overall, I'd say not bad for the money and probably a good choice for "middle-of-the-road"

I'm guessing the WPG is probably a lighter wear than the U.S. Authentic and would be a better being out West jacket for me. Having a lot of responsibility, I have no choice but to consider middle to low end of the market A-2's for now. And I'm glad they are available and continue to be introduced. All maker jackets pass through my shop on a regular basis and it's very easy to see the difference between a work of art and a product. There is no comparing the two. Some day I'll own that work of art as I can certainly appreciate it. But for now I appreciate these lower A-2's as a functional product.

airfrogusmc

Yeah I have seen the coating/finish on their horse and it has that plastic like hand.

Their sheepskins with goat are very nice. I have one.

Not 100% accurate but great jackets.

SuinBruin

dmar836 said:
To start a thread with "join date" and "location" is unusual - a first here.
Looks like he may have copied and pasted a post from another forum. The join date doesn't match his profile here.