• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unusual (To Me) Field jacket

Atticus

I was trying to find an XL liner for my M-51 (yeah, I know...good luck, Geoff), when I stumbled onto this jem. I set my snipe at five bucks and was the only bidder. When it arrived, and after some light research, I discovered that I am now the proud owner of an Austrian Army field jacket.

Actually, I think I like it. It has a trimmer cut than either a M-65 or an M-51 and is a tad longer than either of those two jackets. It has the zip-in collar hood...like the '65.

My jacket came with a patch on the left shoulder. It appears to be a muted version of the standard patch used on many articles of Austrian Army uniform. If one looks carefully, the patch looks to have been "de-milled" by someone blacking out the "Osterriech Bundesheer" with a magic marker.

Jackie was excited about my new Austrian Army jacket. She says that I can wear it tonight while she forces me to watch The Sound Of Music for the hundredth flippin' time.

Damn.

spookyeyes001.jpg

spookyeyes016-1.jpg

spookyeyes009.jpg

faz_75_hochwasser_768x500_122667872.jpg

Captain Geoff Von Trapp

Mac

Like the jacket, but especially like the hat. Good luck with the movie. Christopher Plummer has been known to refer to the film as "The Sound of Mucus." Well, I think a wise man once said a happy wife makes a happy life.

Mac