• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

UNISSUED ROLEN SPORTSWEAR CO. VERY LIGHT FLYING JACKET MIL-J-7758A

Jorgeenriqueaguilera

Not every day you get to find an unissued example of the elusive MIL-J-7758A. This flight jacket was intended for summer use, hence its lightweight construction.

The design dates back to 1944 and had a number of improvements from its predecessors where it continued in service till early 60's.

Due to its practical design, this jacket became perfect for warmer missions, and could be worn over just a shirt, or sometimes as an extra layer over the full-piece flight suit.

This specific example was made by the prolific Rolen Sportswear Co. under contract NO.N.383-41112A in fiscal year, 1958.

The condition is immaculate, period. This jacket could be easily mistaken by a high end reproduction.

Enough said, enjoy it.

Regards,
Jorge

DSC08931.jpeg
DSC09039.jpeg
DSC09040.jpeg
DSC09042.jpeg
DSC08932.jpeg
DSC09043.jpeg
DSC09044.jpeg
DSC08935.jpeg
DSC09045.jpeg

B-Man2

:oops::oops::oops: Don’t these little faces remind you of ET ?

(This is all I’ve got to add … I’ve run out of comments about Jorge’s incredible jackets ! )
;)

Griffon_301

great jacket!
I got the BR repro last year-very nice and comfortable for those a little bit cooler days and evenings during summer :)