• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

UK VAT again

ButteMT61

tcwu said:
ELC is FREE shipping back then so it offset the VAT. :lol:
Plus back then buy direct is much cheaper than from HPA...

Hmm, why do you need to ship back? That's not good...

colekwok

I rememeber a long time ago, I was out of the country when I ordered something from places like soldier of fortune and dropzone, I did asked about the VAT and they deducted it for me without any trouble at all. If you are looking for Snugpak, both of them sell their jackets. Hope this helps.

Jeff M

tcwu said:
ELC is FREE shipping back then so it offset the VAT. :lol:
Plus back then buy direct is much cheaper than from HPA...

I just don't get how the math here works out.
Approx. 700 GBP for something like an "authentic contract" ELC A2.
VAT on that would come to approx. 135 GBP.
ELC's shipping charge to the customer to someplace like, lets say, California.....40 GBP...which the customer pays the first time.

In order for it to even out, that would mean that every order ELC ships out they would have to have returned and re-shipped 3 times. (Even then ELC comes out a bit ahead.)

Perhaps ELC could offer a choice
Either;
1) pay the "full price," (no VAT reduction) and, if you need to return the item for a replacement for some reason the customer is responsible for return shipping charges from ELC to the customer (Keep in mind the customer is already paying shipping to return the item BACK to ELC.), or;

2) Get the VAT reduction, but if you need to return the item for replacement for some reason, you have to pay the shipping charge from ELC to you again.