• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

U.S. Authentic Leather Patch

herk115

Folks,

I just received my awesome $60 U.S. Authentic repro of the "Wright" patch we know and love from the A-2 that Jimmy Doolittle wore on the Tokyo raid. This patch is very well made and I recommend it highly to anyone who wants one. There's one little problem, though: the leather seems very stiff, almost brittle, and I fear it will not fare well under the sewing machine needle when I attach it to the Good Wear I just bought (did I mention I just bought a Good Wear?). Does anyone have any suggestions about what I might to to this patch to render it supple enough to be sewn, or should I just contact U.S. Authentic and tell them about my dilemma? I'm presuming the patch lost its "suppleness" when it had to be wetted for embossing.
Thanks.

Cheerio!

bfrench

Administrator
herk115 said:
Folks,

I just received my awesome $60 U.S. Authentic repro of the "Wright" patch we know and love from the A-2 that Jimmy Doolittle wore on the Tokyo raid. This patch is very well made and I recommend it highly to anyone who wants one. There's one little problem, though: the leather seems very stiff, almost brittle, and I fear it will not fare well under the sewing machine needle when I attach it to the Good Wear I just bought (did I mention I just bought a Good Wear?). Does anyone have any suggestions about what I might to to this patch to render it supple enough to be sewn, or should I just contact U.S. Authentic and tell them about my dilemma? I'm presuming the patch lost its "suppleness" when it had to be wetted for embossing.
Thanks.

Cheerio!

Pecards