• Hey guys, I had to upgrade the VLJ software because the old one is being phased out. Please let me know of any issues in the SITE UPDATE THREAD. Thanks!

Type A12 Intermediate trousers W.A.S.P

Carl

They will need some TLC on the knits at the ankles which i noticed on the sellers other pics .

Carl

The pics that were on the listing were/are pretty bad !
So dont blame me for the quality of them please !:(.
Ill get them up asap .
Carl

dmar836

Are the heavily ribbed knits available for the later trousers? You could lightly stitch them up for appearance sake and always replace them later. I wouldn't be in a hurry to repair them if you have to make any compromises - they aren't going anywhere!
Dave

Carl

Are the heavily ribbed knits available for the later trousers? You could lightly stitch them up for appearance sake and always replace them later. I wouldn't be in a hurry to repair them if you have to make any compromises - they aren't going anywhere!
Dave
How did you know they were not going anywhere Dave ??:D If i had to , id look for some cheap A11a pants to sacrifice for them if needs be ??

falcon_ib

Thanks for the pics Carl! I personally would leave them alone as well, to maintain their originality and since they’re just being used for display.
I understand that these were issued with the WASP Type B-16 jacket? Do you know the differences between these A-12’s and the Type A-13 trousers issued with the Flight Nurse Type B-17 jacket? Just curious if there were any changes besides nomenclature labels

evan

Carl

Thanks for the pics Carl! I personally would leave them alone as well, to maintain their originality and since they’re just being used for display.
I understand that these were issued with the WASP Type B-16 jacket? Do you know the differences between these A-12’s and the Type A-13 trousers issued with the Flight Nurse Type B-17 jacket? Just curious if there were any changes besides nomenclature labels

evan
I know of a guy who has the B16 jacket for these trousers , obviously we are telling each other that theirs is no good without the other !:D
The A13's didnt have so many pockets as the A12's as far as i can see on the photos in books .
The B17 and B16 jackets must have some difference but i have no pics of the B17 to compare with

Carl

Well the trousers are in hand now , and are not as good as the pics portrayed unfortunately ! :(
But i suppose they are what they are ?
How many pairs do you ever see come up for sale ?