• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Two Coastal Command jackets - 'chalk and cheese' you decide.

Dr H

Re: Two Coastal Command jackets - 'chalk and cheese' you dec

Hmmm...think Rick got the better deal there.

That first one is truly hideous...

Dr H

Ah, but you know what you're talking about, whereas I just go on what I see... ;)

JDAM

The Nigel Cabourn clobber looks a bit over-engineered but I like the look of some of it.

chamboid

I believe the Cabourn sheepskins were made by Alexander leathers. It's great sheepskin and looks great in the flesh, but a bit of a over engineered coat.

Not to mention the price.

havocpaul

1) Will no doubt be worn by someone with more money than sense on 'Made In Chelsea'
2) Nice original CC jacket with some history
Are the days of CC Irvins selling for much less than RAF Irvins gone now?...£750 seems a high price.

Roughwear

CC Irvins are not as popular as conventional ones. Larger ones like this are quite rare. Rick has it for sale on FB for £580.

DG567

Really love that CC! Rare to see them that large!

coanda

As Andrew has said the jacket is for sale on FB for £580, that price works here as well if any one is interested.
I had intended to put it up for sale here, but somehow forgot..
So it is for sale here at £580 plus P&P.
PM for more information.
Regards to all
Rick

havocpaul

With the FB thread about sellers keep ending eBay items early that was attracting much discussion doesn't this mean your jacket will do the very same if sold elsewhere?

coanda

Hi Paul
I guess you have me banged to rights there! The jacket is now listed on ebay as an auction, so now I guess in all fairness it is now not for sale anywhere else!
As a foot note ebay seem to have changed the rules such that you cannot now convert to an auction from a buy it now sale. Hence the original listing showing as been removed because of an error! There was no error! Anyway it is now resisted here with a start of £1 and the auction will continue for 10 days!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301622884619?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Many thanks for keeping me on the straight and narrow, and there I was thinking of moving just down the river Severn to Bew.......y!
Cheers
Rick

Andrew

I've been reluctant to go back to selling on Ebay as it's been so long since i've sold now that i'm sure it'd be a steep learning curve to get back up to speed with the changes in rules.

Can anyone enlighten me how and why you can have bidders id's kept private in an auction? No criticism or judgement of you Rick but the obvious implication that a potential buyer would make is that it could benefit shill bidding.

havocpaul

coanda said:
Hi Paul
I guess you have me banged to rights there! The jacket is now listed on ebay as an auction, so now I guess in all fairness it is now not for sale anywhere else!
As a foot note ebay seem to have changed the rules such that you cannot now convert to an auction from a buy it now sale. Hence the original listing showing as been removed because of an error! There was no error! Anyway it is now resisted here with a start of £1 and the auction will continue for 10 days!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301622884619?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Many thanks for keeping me on the straight and narrow, and there I was thinking of moving just down the river Severn to Bew.......y!
Cheers
Rick
:) No 'Worries' ;) Good luck with the sale Rick