• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

two cents or good sense required...

johnnynotoes-1

USAuthentic...A-1...??? I've searched The Hat and here as well as the Google universe and cannot find a thread or hint[asides from USAuthentics own pages] about the cut, quality, appearance etc. of their A-1. I guess the quality info is a given...mid mid mid. That's fine. Plenty of info on the A-2/G-1 flighters but has no-one taken a gamble with their A-1? Would like some feedback regarding this particular model. I have a testfit arriving in a few days. Been looking for a bangaround with the hint of yesterday. From what I hear their A-2 horse is a chunk and I'm hoping the A-1 is too...[I think]. I'm sure I'll be smiling anyway but still have a question mark or two floating over my head. Thanks for any opinions.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
johnnynotoes-1 said:
USAuthentic...A-1...??? I've searched The Hat and here as well as the Google universe and cannot find a thread or hint[asides from USAuthentics own pages] about the cut, quality, appearance etc. of their A-1.

There were posts here on the forum, though many of them were left behind at our old address.

There's a nice green one, for example, at the bottom of this post ....

viewtopic.php?p=2278#p2278

And another two examples here ...

viewtopic.php?p=2241#p2241

johnnynotoes-1

Thanks! Underrated beauty that style! A prewar limited US Air Force [amount manufactured] meant I guess, the numbers and times didn't exist to make it the icon the A-2 became. Hurts a bit to see the Aeros, ELCs et al...! So many makes, so many hides, so few multicoloured notes in my frugal Canuck pocketbook... Wow...that olive number was a looker too. Mucky jeans and a ballcap? Capped toes with a dress shirt and tie? Yep..I think it's going to work. Of course only if the fit is satisfactory...that's still a concern. Cheers