• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tuskegee Airmen's 477th Bomb group...

jbmilart

I just finished the Tuskegee Airmen's 477th Bomb Group (Medium), squadron patches... These are full scale, painted templates... The 477th was a States side training outfit... that trained replacement combat crews in both the B-26 Marauder and the B-25 Mitchell, medium bombers... Not nearly as famous as their fighter group brothers... but they did their duty, very well indeed. The squadrons of the 477th Bomb Group are the, 616th, 617th, 618th and the 619th... Jim

Tuskegee616thbombsq.jpg
616th Bomb Sq.

EMBLEMHUNTER

Do you have a copy of the 477th Group emblem , I do It's a cool emblem too !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have seen the sqd's emblems at the museum in S.C.
Johnny

jbmilart

dmar836 said:
Jim,
Do you make your initial templates the same size as the patches or larger?
Dave
Hey Dave...

The color templates are the actual full scale sizes... I have also the scale "line drawing" templates, for duplication purposes... which I can either enlarge or shrink the patch artwork to any size I choose. I do these painted templates in full scale, to get the right color balance... so when I do a duplicate... I know exactly how to paint each patch... and what they should look like when finished... It also saves me a lot of money on leather... don't have a lot in inventory setting around, which doesn't move... It gives me a little more freedom in creating lesser known patches in template form... but, I can duplicate these templates in very short notice... as the artwork is already set up.

Jim