• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Tokyo and A-2 jackets

Mr.Russett

Hi folks,

I am planning a short holiday in Tokyo next month and I was wondering if someone from this forum has any suggestion or good addresses where to find A-2 jackets (Buzz Ricksons, The Few) in town.

Any help would be really appreciated, thanks!

Andy

dadgad

About Tokyo, almost everything is found at Ueno, take the JR line, Ueno stop and search for "Ameyayokocho" district.
The street where most of the shops are placed is the parallele left to the one I posted.

ueno.jpg

Ameyayokocho is also a nice place to spend an afternoon struggling down the narrow streets where you can find almost everything to shop at good bargains, maybe after a walk at Ueno park or a visit at the five museums that are located in the park.

Feel free to contact me when you will be ready to go, I've been to Japan three years in a row and I can suggest you some useful infos.

Cheers
GL

Falcon_52

I second what dadgad posted. Ueno has a quite a few stores with a good selection of Buzz Rickson's products including A-2s. Shinjuku has a Junky store which also carries Buzz Rickson's/Sun Surf items but I didn't see any jackets (but it was July when I went there so maybe those items aren't stocked then).

I hope you have a good holiday, Andy! I always love going to Japan.

Noel

Curahee

Also try to catch a baseball game in the center of the park, sunday morning is practice time very relaxed atmosphere ;)

Striker

Is it true that vintage American 40's/50's clothing styles are tremendously popular in Japan? Especially vintage leather jackets?

Striker

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Striker said:
Is it true that vintage American 40's/50's clothing styles are tremendously popular in Japan? Especially vintage leather jackets?

Yes.

Mr.Russett said:
Grazie mille Dagdad. And thanks a lot too Noel. Luckily enough my flat is in Ueno!
Andy

Ueno...great experience

IMG_0336.jpg

IMG_0329.jpg

Chain stitch hemming for jeans

IMG_0331.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

IMG_0333.jpg

and when the shopping has made you thirsty and you HAVE to have a beer, one street back there are the street bars

IMG_0334.jpg

Bevan