• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

toecapped service shoe upgrade time.

Tim P

Having had my service shoes since 1997 I think its time for another pair. My last set came from ww2 impressions and are probably corcoran made as they have that plastic coating that prevents a deep polish.
I am looking to buy a pair that will darken with age like originals which in photos appear almost black, and lack the synthetic midsole so prone to 'whitewall' syndrome.
the ww2imp ones may get a navy/ post 49 usaf blackening... dunno yet.

also looking to avoid the bulbous toes of jumpboots. So who is doing the most cost effective (not cheapest) UK friendly smooth out service shoes/ lowboots?

Andrew

JS, are you able to post some shots of them? I'd be keen to see what they are looking like. Still tossing up between these or boondockers.

Tim P

Those are the ones, my problem is that they all look pretty much identical in website pics and I am keen to avoid the plastic.
I am leaning towards at the front or what price glory at the moment