• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

TIES of the ART

Thomas Koehle

Gents,

again i had the honor to host Ties and his family in my garden on their way down to Spain.

Meanwhile my wifes 'n my closets are filling with Ties' artwork and every time i get somethin' new from him i'm amazed by his creativity and his craftmanship in bringing his visions on leather or on fabric.

HEaEGx1.jpg

QKhYeuZ.jpg

IX1NoLI.jpg

7mFqEs6.jpg

aZCsgAt.jpg

o616SWC.jpg

6x1JgBX.jpg

JnnpZJ6.jpg

fGXq1ES.jpg

the very first "commission" he did for me

Id0RerA.jpg

yhg956P.jpg

ties70

Thanks guys!

But you will probably not see too much of my patches in the coming months:

We really did it and went to Spain for a sabbatical, returning to Germany next May... Fingers crossed!

I'll check in here frequently but keep the non-jacket stuff on Instagram... User name:

we.ll.be.away.for.a.while

I'd be happy to see some of you over there!

Take care and best regards,

Ties

Last edited:

ElHandymanoli01

Gents,

again i had the honor to host Ties and his family in my garden on their way down to Spain.

Meanwhile my wifes 'n my closets are filling with Ties' artwork and every time i get somethin' new from him i'm amazed by his creativity and his craftmanship in bringing his visions on leather or on fabric.

HEaEGx1.jpg

QKhYeuZ.jpg

IX1NoLI.jpg

7mFqEs6.jpg

aZCsgAt.jpg

o616SWC.jpg

6x1JgBX.jpg

JnnpZJ6.jpg

fGXq1ES.jpg

Id0RerA.jpg

yhg956P.jpg
That first jacket what brand is it ? If don’t mind me asking & you were right he does a great job

MauldinFan

Id0RerA.jpg
Nice painting.
Good to see the torch got passed to several people painting patches and jackets these days. When I was doing it in the 80s and early 90s, there weren't many doing so, and it was tougher back then when reference materials weren't nearly as comprehensive.
It just goes to show how many "A2s" have been made since WW2. I'd never even heard of the maker of this jacket before seeing this photo.

JonnyCrow

For sure!

Pricewise there is a big gap between BR and BRONSON which I think isn’t reasonable.

Other than that BR is a really good manufacturer
Thomas the early 90,s Buzz Rickson Candy Cane jackets now look almost original, I have two and real alpaca, very well made, big difference in price though

Thomas Koehle

Thomas the early 90,s Buzz Rickson Candy Cane jackets now look almost original, I have two and real alpaca, very well made, big difference in price though
You are right for sure - i thought @ElHandymanoli01 was reffering to the 37J1 and there is no alpaca at all on the jacket.

No doubt Toys, BR aso are top notch manufacturers hence the 4 times higher prices + shipping from Japan.

ElHandymanoli01

For sure!

Pricewise there is a big gap between BR and BRONSON which I think isn’t reasonable.

Other than that BR is a really good manufacturer
Oh wow ! I saw one on eBay im keeping an eye on in my size for a better price then new , plus looks in very very good condition for being used , I might wait a little then throw an offer since he does have the make offer option , thanks!

& Ties really does a good job