• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Thoughts on this auction of summer flight jacket?

A2B3G1

Watching this auction, I thought the price was o.k. (a guess ... but my .02) but the jacket seemed suspect because of the patch with panda -- looked pretty fresh and bright to me as was the art on the rear panel

Anyone think the jacket is 100 percent real ... or maybe not ...?

Just curious.

I did not participate in this auction, btw, so not crying over spilled milk here.

johnwayne

It’s not a flight jacket as such it’s an M41 field jacket, commonly known as a Parsons jacket. Mainly worn by Army guys but USAAF did wear them and plenty of pics as such but not sure I’ve seen them worn by aircrew, more like on base. Hard to see from that pic but does look fresh for an original and patches too clean!!

veli1

Watching this auction, I thought the price was o.k. (a guess ... but my .02) but the jacket seemed suspect because of the patch with panda -- looked pretty fresh and bright to me as was the art on the rear panel

Anyone think the jacket is 100 percent real ... or maybe not ...?

Just curious.

I did not participate in this auction, btw, so not crying over spilled milk here.

"No offense" but this is the kind of question I would ask here back in 2009 ;). Johnwayne, great explanation thanks.