• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

These arrived today…

atlasfields

intermittently lurked here before joining the other day. Just received these two amazing patches. The detail and meticulousness are beyond belief.
IMG_9677.jpeg
Planning on having them sewn onto to my ELC A2.

Last edited:

CBI

Sean Collins - great work, he has a website. the China American Task Force patch on the right (in the photo) - good idea to get it in 2 pieces, together with the border, its a huge patch

Mr. Mike

intermittently lurked here before joining the other day. Just received these two amazing patches. The detail and meticulousness are beyond belief. View attachment 126351Planning on having them sewn onto to my ELC A2.
Sean's patches are without doubt some of the best in the market. I would just not mix AVG-period patches with post-AVG-period patches on the same jacket ...

Mr. Mike

Pretty sure it happened with the AVG members who extended their tours.

However, I don't think I've ever seen multi-layer AVG patches -- but they look cool.
Rather unlikely I guess - most references I came across indicate that only a tiny group of the original AVG pilots accepted the USAAF offer to sign in to active service again while the majority chose different paths. But more importantly I consider that all these cooperation patches basically pertained to the transition phase of the Chinese Air Task Force (CATF) after July 42 when the AVG already ceases to exist [attached a link below visualizing the squadron's history path]. One might draw a weird story on what might have been going on during that phase but even in that case I would rather expect the squadron patch on the wearer's left side and the cooperation patch coming in later on the still remaining right side of the wearer (apart from the multi-layer observation you rightfully raised already). Moreover, after its formal inauguration into active duty under the 23rd FtGrp all succeeding squadrons (74th, 75th, 76th) received their unique own squadron emblems.

But no need to make a debate out of it. The point I actually wanted to make with my comment is this: After decades of addiction to the flight jacket hobby my experience is that with putting patches or nametags in place the jacket's value crushes notably. No matter which theme you choose it limits the target audience (in case you want to sell it some day) to people having a stake or special interest in bespoke theme. If you mix things that actually don't go good together this group even gets restricted further to the ones who either don't know or simply don't care. But those are usually not the ones willing to accept the price the jacket will have - just the law of cause and effect. Something that should be thoroughly thought through before a jacket gets patched ...

atlasfields

Truly appreciate the comments and feedback on mixing patches. The only person that’s really going to ever have to worry about them not being 100% historically accurate in terms of mixed units, it’s whoever gets the jacket after my death.

You guys are great and passionate. I am being sincere when I when I say thank you.

Jacket shipped via DHL today. Coming from the UK back to the states, due to arrive on the 20th. I’ll be sure to post pictures when it gets here.

Essentially five patches, the cuffs, and the waistband. If the package arrives on time, less than 30 days from the time I shipped to when it returns home. ELC was been wonderful and responsive to deal with.

Standby for pics…

Last edited:

atlasfields

Jacket arrived today. On a Sunday no less. Four days from England to Philadelphia. Packaged perfectly, and they included a catalog.

ELC customer service has been exemplary. Work spot on. Absolutely class act all the way through. I have two jackets from them And would buy another without hesitation. Well, you know, except for the price these days, lol.

Anyway, here are some quick pictures of the completed A2.

Attachments

• IMG_9751.jpeg
    IMG_9751.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_9752.jpeg
    IMG_9752.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_9753.jpeg
    IMG_9753.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 47