• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The words we long to hear......

rgraham

"Just wanted to say that your jacket is done, and will ship on Wednesday. I
think this one really looks beautiful."

Thanks again!
John

John Chapman that is.

Can't wait to see what the mailman brings. Oh yeah.

RudyN

That's great! It should be nice. I am just waiting for the e-mail that says he is ready to start mine. :D

Cobblers161

You lucky boy, what contract are you awaiting?

I placed an order for a 21996 a couple of weeks ago and already the wait is agonising!!!

better duck

Cobblers161 said:
I placed an order for a 21996 a couple of weeks ago and already the wait is agonising!!!

Man, are you in for hell: I placed my order on March 18, and only recently John e-mailed me "I'm very close to making the jacket."....

I'm waiting for a size 46 Dubow in goat, with NOS Crown and purplish knits. Don't know what got me through all those months of waiting. And still its going on for I don't know how long..... :( ;)

Jason

You'll smile fondly remembering those words once you get your jacket. It was the coldest October night in recorded history here, and I wore the GW Perry most of the day today, and thought "yeah, this is by far the nicest jacket I own" as I slipped it on in the crisp morning air. I the wait only heightens the pleasure!

A

Anonymous

tgd31968 said:
When you orderd, did you just supply measurements? How did you provide the sizes to GW?

Terry

Why don't you ask JC directly ?? Gotta be easier than second hand info' !!

Dave

rgraham

tgd31968 said:
When you orderd, did you just supply measurements? How did you provide the sizes to GW?

Terry

It's a Rough Wear.

I flew up and was measured in person. I figured that if I was going to spend that much money on a jacket, the fit was going to have to be right. Plus, an old friend lives in Seattle, and I'd been meaning to visit him and the wife for about 20 years. Two birds with one stone.

better duck

tgd31968 said:
When you orderd, did you just supply measurements? How did you provide the sizes to GW? Terry

I did as it says on the website: I measured my best (to my taste) fitting repro A2 (an ELC Werber, size 46) and provided John with these measurements. John came back to me, and wrote that these measurements mean an almost exact standard size 46 GW Dubow.
So that's what I ordered.
And since then: waiting ..... waiting ..... waiting... it seems ad infinitum.
Once I get it, I will provide you with the evidence of whether this way of measuring for a jacket actually works. Knowing John a little bit it very probably will!

khiattP-51

better duck said:
Cobblers161 said:

Man, are you in for hell: I placed my order on March 18, and only recently John e-mailed me "I'm very close to making the jacket."....

I'm waiting for a size 46 Dubow in goat, with NOS Crown and purplish knits. Don't know what got me through all those months of waiting. And still its going on for I don't know how long..... :( ;)

Same with me...confirmed down payment 16-March. Can't wait for what should be the most perfect Bronco repro in forum history.

-Kevin

kkochheiser

khiattP-51 said:
better duck said:
Cobblers161 said:

Same with me...confirmed down payment 16-March. Can't wait for what should be the most perfect Bronco repro in forum history.

-Kevin

I'm right behind you both with a March 31 order for a 27753. It's getting cold here, I could use it!

Kent

rgraham

Ok, I thought I'd send along some pics of this great jacket. The wait was well worth it. Thanks John. You did everything you could to make me a happy camper, and I appreciate that. Simply beautiful.

front.jpg

collar.jpg

pocket.jpg

Stony

I am just waiting for the e-mail that says he is ready to start mine.

Ditto. Mine isn't due till after X-mas as John is backed up on orders, but it will be worth the wait. Mine is going to be a Bronco in goat. :cool:

rgraham

Here are some mugshots of the jacket being worn. The color of the leather is a bit more accurate here than in the previous images.
John did a great job of saving the look, while trying to fit an older guy.

A-2FRONT.jpg

A-2_SIDE.jpg

A-2BACK.jpg

Andrew

Your latest shots describe it very well- the leather looks fantastic. Congratulations!