• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

the ultimate luftwaffe repro

marco77

I know what some guys on the forum think about "Noble House" their jackets but their luftwaffe jacket and particulary sheepskin looks lovely jackets ..... :cool:

Marco

John Lever

marco77 said:
Need advice ... Between ELC Luftwaffe and ELC Hartmann , which one do you prefer ?

thanks

Marcoooo
I like the Hatmann design, but am not a fan of the leather.
The Arado is better than both of them IMO, or my Radjacke from Aero.
IMGP2540.jpg

IMGP2539.jpg

IMGP2525.jpg

IMGP2549.jpg

Bikejacket.jpg

The leather is HH, but I think Kudu [a stunning type of antelope]or Cape would look better.

airfrogusmc

THAT JACKET is sweet John. Man you've gotta pretty big collection with a lot of different types of jackets. Then comes the hard part which one to wear?

John Lever

airfrogusmc said:
THAT JACKET is sweet John. Man you've gotta pretty big collection with a lot of different types of jackets. Then comes the hard part which one to wear?
That is the problem. I sometimes forget to wear some of them, I admit.
Having recently got the A-2 bug, it will now be even more difficult. What we need is a nice cold dry autumn and a really cold winter.

wheat1479

I just ordered the Hartmann in brown.I wanted 21inches pit to pit and 17-18 inches shoulder to shoulder 24 sleeve length.I ordered the size 38.They called and said that size is too small and reccommended the size 40.I have a ELC Roughwear size 38 bought from one of the members and it fits great.So be sure and get the measurements right.Apparently the Hartmanns are cut slimmer.

767fo

wheat1479 said:
I just ordered the Hartmann in brown.I wanted 21inches pit to pit and 17-18 inches shoulder to shoulder 24 sleeve length.I ordered the size 38.They called and said that size is too small and reccommended the size 40.I have a ELC Roughwear size 38 bought from one of the members and it fits great.So be sure and get the measurements right.Apparently the Hartmanns are cut slimmer.

They do fit trim. I also have the brown Hartmann in a size 46 and I wear a 44 in their other jackets. The hide is cape skin and is very nice. Enjoy the new jacket.

asiamiles

I'd always (seemingly wrongly) assumed the Hartmann was horse or cow hide, as with their Luftwaffe jacket. They now claim to use "premium quality nappa." So the Hartmann is actually a very lightweight jacket as per the A-1?

wheat1479

It can be sheepskin,lambskin,goatskin and cow.767fo has one of capeskin.On a german site which sells the napa hartmann they say its steerhide nappa.Nappa is noted for its softness and durability.